East Cooper Chapter
Live Auction Preview
Friday, May 11, 2018
Omar Shrine Temple, Mt. Pleasant
- Charleston…First Class! Capitan Garrett Lacy of Charleston Fishing Adventures is going to show you how Charleston is done from the water! Capt. Garrett will host two anglers for a ½ day of fishing on this trip; fuel, bait, and tackle included. Tips are not. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date, preferably between September 2018 – March 2019. Donated by Capt. Garrett Lacy.
- Hand Carved Tupelo Serving Board “Made by God, crafted by Man” Hemingway, South Carolina artisan Chris Hughes embellishes each one of the one of a kind tupelo wood boards with this same message. Great for BBQ, chickens, Beaufort Stews, whole hogs, or whatever it will hold. This hand crafted piece is sure to be a conversation piece as well as a functioning piece of art.
- Abracadabra, Alakazam! A unique item on tonight’s auction, Magician Jay White will visit your dinner party, corporate meeting, or other adult or children’s get-together and entertain you and your guests with an experience like no other! Jay was a magician for five years in Las Vegas doing close up and small theater cabaret magic. He has spoken at corporate events about his adventures including performing some magic tricks, and stories of when magic tricks went really well and really poorly. He even teaches the audience a couple of magic tricks to use on anyone from grandchildren to possible dates. A $1 million value, yours tonight for only…
- Kickin’ Chicken Party Truck; Dinner for 75 The Chicken Coup is coming your way! You’ve won a big 18 foot long yellow food truck for an awesome party for 75 people! They arrive with a menu of 3-4 freshly cooked popular items which can be served from the food truck or on platters like a tailgate; your choice! All plates, utensils, napkins, cups, non-alcoholic drinks, ice, food, condiments and trash receptacles are included. Must be booked 30 days in advance and is subject to availability. Must be on private property within 15 miles of the tri-county area. Donated by The Kickin’ Chicken (This item has a reserve).
- Copper Porch Lanterns Nothing says “welcome to the lowcountry” quite like copper lanterns… This set of two electric onion-shaped lanterns will make a welcoming statement to your home and leave a warming impression on everyone that comes through your door. Donated by Nauset Lantern Company.
- Fishing Fly Right With Capt. John Irwin Spend time on the water with this passionate guide and you’ll come away with a new appreciation for inshore fishing! Two anglers will spend one half day with Shimano Pro-staffer, Capt. John Irwin fly-fishing the Lowcountry in and around Charleston’s historic waters. With over twelve years of experience on these local waters, Capt. Irwin will certainly put you within casting distance of the fish of your dreams. Fuel, bait, and tackle are provided; tips are not. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date between September 2018 – March 2019. Donated by Capt. John Irwin and Fly Right Charters.
- Got Shrimp! Beaufort Stew for 25! An effortless entertaining opportunity brought to you by the CCA Cooking Team! We provide all the ingredients that go into making that wonderful lowcountry delicacy for twenty five of your closest friends…including the beer. Brought to you by the soon to be famous CCA East Cooper Cooking Team. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date.
- Edisto Beach Getaway for Ten How about an Edisto weekend getaway for 10 of your closest friends?! Included is a three-day/two night stay at a traditional island beach house. Located in the heart of South Carolina’s ACE Basin, this area of the Palmetto State should be on everyone’s bucket list. Must be used between September 2018 and March 2019. Donated by Phil Sutton and CCA South Carolina.
- Lowcountry Swing Bed All you’ll need is a breeze and a cocktail! Hang this piece of South Carolina folk-art on your porch and you’ll feel like you’re on vacation… holds a twin sized mattress (not included) and includes material to hang it with. Handcrafted on the banks of the Black River by Bill Singleton of Singleton Construction.
- Mountain Get-Away – Scaly Mountain, NC. Tired of the hustle and bustle of everyday city life. How about escaping to a more relaxing pace of life near the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains? The Mountain Roost is located in Scaly Mountain, NC…a few miles north of Sky Valley, GA and only 7 miles south of Highlands, NC. The cabin is a short drive to Franklin, NC. Nearby attractions include hiking/walking trails (one of which is the Bartram Trail), zip-lining, waterfalls, white water rafting, shopping, golf courses, and winter-time snow-tubing and outdoor ice skating rinks. There are also many places for the avid trout fisherman to throw in a line along the winding Chattooga River. The rustic cabin sleeps 6 comfortably, with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, family room and kitchen. Washer & dryer included. Package includes a 3-night stay. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Lisa Bell.
- Magnum Research/ CCA Limited Edition 1911 Pistol/Knife Combo Firearm enthusiasts, this one is for you! Magnum Research, makers of the famous Desert Eagle pistol brand, have teamed with CCA SC to provide a one of a kind, limited edition combination item. This black 1911 G model pistol is tricked out with a 5” barrel, skeletonized hammer, extended magazine release, and extended thumb safety all with the famous CCA brand on it. Included with the set is a matching handled fixed blade knife that compliments the set beautifully! You can only get this combo at CCA!
- CCA’s Casa Rojo; Costa Rica for a Week CCA South Carolina and GHYD have teamed up to offer a Seven day, Six night gorgeous Costa Rican villa steps from the black volcanic sand beaches of the private gated community, Hermosa Palms, Costa Rica for couples or a large family. This Costa Rican paradise is located on the beautiful Pacific Coast. “Casa Rojo” is a modern 5 bed 3 bath villa with gorgeous views, rooftop access (perfect for sunbathing and breath-taking sunsets) private pool, courtyard, guest house, large kitchen and living area. There is also a separate very large pool with swim up bar for Hermosa Palms guest only. The beach is very quiet and offers world class surfing. GHYD offers numerous activities and daily services that can be added to the trip. Costa Rica is an extremely safe and healthy country and has fantastic weather all year round. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by CCA South Carolina. (This item does have a reserve). (http://ghydadventures.com/destinations/costa-rica/ )
- Nicaragua – An Undiscovered Paradise Full of organic beauty and every 5-star amenity you could wish for, 8 guests will travel to Guacalito De La Isla Resort on the Pacific coast of Nicaragua for a 7 Day, 6 Night unforgettable vacation. In your luxury appointed villa, Villa Verdemar, you will experience lush green jungle canopies with views over the golf course and the sparkling Pacific Ocean. The villa features 4 master bedroom suites and 5 full baths, private infinity pool, covered ocean-view terrace, open floor plan with deluxe kitchen, dining area and TV lounge. Entering the villa through a courtyard gives the ability to create open living spaces by opening the doors to the pool and courtyard. Your host for this trip, local South Carolina outfitter, GHYD, is a plethora of knowledge and connections – from setting up your transportation, connecting you to fishing guides, or even booking an in-house chef or spa retreats. This trip must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by CCA South Carolina. (This item does have a reserve). (https://ghydadventures.com/experiences/nicaragua/villa-verdermar/)
- Argentina Dove Hunt With over 500,000,000 doves in the Cordoba Valley, our guest hunters will tire long before the flight subsides. Fortunately, our posh accommodations are first class and serve as an excellent venue to relax and recover before the next day a field. Our experienced and hospitable staff provide all the comforts of home, an exquisite dining experience and are quick to offer libations as you reminisce about the day’s hunt. This extraordinary trip includes three full days of hunting for two (2) people, all meals and lodging in one of our three well-appointed lodges. You and your travel partner will be met at the Cordoba airport where you’ll both enjoy a VIP reception complete with drinks and baggage handlers after your long trip. You’ll be then escorted in our private van to the lodge. Your trip will include English speaking guides, all ground transportation to and from the hunting areas, bird boys, and gun cleaning services. From the moment you step off the plane in Argentina until your re-board for the U.S., our full service courtesy will be at your disposal. With its amazing hunting, beautiful landscapes and iconic culture, Argentina is a must for every adventurous traveler. Included in this package is Five Star accommodations in a private Estancia, gourmet meals, open bar, bird boys, customs clearing, laundry service, and in country ground transportation. Items not included in trip are tips for bird boys and house staff, shotgun shells, license, gun permits, and airfare. Donated by Sporting Adventures International and CCA South Carolina. (This item does have a reserve).(http://www.sportingadv.com/hunting/doves/gallery)
- Chef Prepared 3 Course Dinner in your home for 10 Chef Randy Williams of the Culinary Institute of Charleston at Trident Technical College will prepare a 3 course meal at the Lowcountry location of your choice. Wow your friends with a culinary experience that is sure to be second to none! Chef Williams has served as the Executive Chef of Zero George Café and Cooking School, Blossom Restaurant, Chef de Cuisine at Voysseys (Cassique Golf Club on Kiawah Island) under Top Chef Tom Colicchio, as well as Sous Chef stints at both Cypress and Magnolias Restaurants. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Chef Randy Williams (This item has a reserve).
- Stay & Play! Island Realty of Isle of Palms has donated a three night stay in one of their 2-3 bedroom vacation condominium. Perfect for a “stay-cation” or for entertaining out of town guests, Island Realty will choose the perfect getaway location for you with your needs in mind! Redeemable between September 22nd and December 15th, 2018 or January 6th and March 16th, 2019 and must be booked no more than 21 days in advance. As a bonus, you’ll enjoy two half day fishing charters from local Shimano/G.Loomis Pro-Staff Guides! Captains Chuck Griffin and Mark Phelps have each donated a half-day, two person inshore charter where you will target species like redfish and trout. Charters must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date between September 2018-March 2019. Donated by Island Realty, Shimano, Chuck Griffin and Mark Phelps.
- Boyt Mystery Gun Case This Boyt Harness H48 Hard Travel Gun Case can be yours… perfect for airline travel, this case can withstand all you put it through. Inside is a mystery firearm… you’ve got to buy it to find out what is in it! Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Quail Hunting for Two with Sandy Local CCA Life Member Sandy Stuhr hosts 2 well-seasoned hunters for a day of guided quail hunting in the only manner it was intended – Southern Style at his luxurious Pinetop Plantation in Dorange, SC! Must have a valid SC hunting license. Bring your own guns and appropriate hunting attire. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Sandy Stuhr.
- Barrier Island Eco Tours Beach Boil for 40 Join your family, friends, or co-workers for a cocktail cruise up the Intracoastal Waterway to Capers Island Preserve, a pristine barrier island only reachable by boat just a few miles north of Isle of Palms. Upon arriving on Capers, you will have the opportunity to take a short walk and explore Caper’s amazingly unique “bone-yard beach”. Or just sit back and relax with a cocktail and enjoy the natural beauty while your chef prepares your feast. Lowcountry boil (local shrimp, smoked sausage, corn, potatoes, and onions) is a favorite. Enjoy your dinner on the beach as you watch the sunset over the salt marsh in this beautiful natural setting bonfire and s’mores may be included beach games such as ladder ball and bocce ball may be incorporated as well as team building activates such as sand sculpting contests, scavenger hunts and crabbing. Must be on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Barrier Island Eco Tours.
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish Shimano pro-Staffer Peter Brown of Saltwater Charters, LLC is going to show you how Charleston is done from the water! Born and raised in Charleston, Peter has been guiding discriminating anglers to an incredible fishing experience only found along the beautiful Carolina coast since 1994. Capt. Brown will host two anglers for a ½ day of fishing on this trip; fuel, bait, and tackle included. Tips are not. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date between September 2018 – March 2019. Donated by Capt Peter Brown.
- Evening Flight No lowcountry home or office is complete without Jim Booth Artwork! This Environmental Edition Print, number 47 of only 95 created, of the Morris Island Light is framed and ready to hang!
- South Carolina Lowcountry Adventure South Carolina’s lowcountry is the jewel of the east coast! Two people will enjoy all that this history rich region has to offer from scenic plantation views, local cuisine, and time on the rich waters surrounding the area. Your stay includes three nights (Fri.-Sun.) at the historic and luxurious Beaufort Inn located in downtown Beaufort within easy walking of the shopping and dining district on Bay Street. The lowcountry must be seen by water to fully enjoy its offerings so included in this package is a ½ day fishing trip for redfish and trout with CCA SC state board member Capt Danny Rourk of Tailwind Charters. Must be scheduled on mutually agreeable dates. Certain blackout dates may apply. Donated by CCA South Carolina and The Beaufort Inn.
- The CCA/ Engel Mystery Cooler This 65 quart cooler is stuffed with goodies, you have to buy it to find out what’s in it! Donated by CCA South Carolina and Engel Coolers.