2016 Sea Island Live Auction Preview
Sea Island Chapter
Live Auction Preview
Thursday, Sept 29, 2016
Founder’s Hall @ Charles Towne Landing
- Charleston Chart Art Naut your average framed nautical chart! Professionally printed with enhanced colors and framed with reclaimed wood found in and around the marshes of the southeastern coast, these charts provide a wow factor for any coastal home. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Hook and Gaff Sportfisher Watch This limited edition, Swiss made watch with moon phase and date will be the perfect accessory both on and off the water. The watch case is made of lightweight titanium and has a screw down case back for optimal water resistance. The Sportfisher watch is made with anglers in mind- the crown is uniquely placed on the left side of the face to avoid irritation during active angling situations. Donated by Hook and Gaff Watch Co.
- Charleston First Class With Capt. John Irwin Spend time on the water with this passionate guide and you’ll come away with a new appreciation for inshore and nearshore fishing! Two anglers will send one ½ day with Capt John fishing the Lowcountry in and around Charleston’s historic waters. With over ten years of experience on these local waters, Capt. Irwin will certainly put you within casting distance of the fish of your dreams. Fuel, bait, and tackle are provided; tips are not. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. John Irwin and Fly Right Charters.
- Tails This brass redfish sculpture has been a favorite of CCA members for nearly a decade! This piece will be wonderful centerpiece in your office, home, or camp. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Stay & Play Fishing Package Two lucky people will enjoy the opportunity to of a great Charleston, SC stay & play package! This package comes complete with two nights’ accommodations at Spring Hill Suites overlooking the waters of Ripley Point and the Ripley Light Yacht Club. In order to enjoy the holy city to the fullest, one ½ day of fishing is included with this trip with Capt. Jesse Riddle of Tight Line Charters in and around the waters of Charleston Must be used on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Spring Hill Suites and Capt. Jesse Riddle.
- Got Shrimp? Frogmore Stew for 20! Another effortless entertaining opportunity brought to you by the CCA Cooking Team! We provide all the ingredients that go into making that wonderful lowcountry delicacy for twenty of your closest friends…including the beer. Brought to you by the soon to be famous CCA Cooking Team. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date.
- Hand Carved Tupelo Serving Board “Made by God, crafted by Man” Hemingway, South Carolina artisan Chris Hughes embellishes each one of the one of a kind tupelo wood boards with this same message. Great for BBQ, chickens, Beaufort Stews, or whatever it will hold. This hand crafted piece is sure to be a conversation piece as well as a functioning piece of art.
- Muddy Bay Joggling Board Lowcountry craftsmen Trae Coburn and John Sellers have built a special treat especially for the Sea Island CCA Chapter. This handcrafted joggling board will be a favorite for all the kids (and maybe some adults) around your neighborhood. It’s been made with customized mahogany pins. Donated by Muddy Bay Custom Calls.
- Edisto Beach Getaway for Ten How about an Edisto weekend getaway for 10 of your closest friends?! Included is a three-day/two night stay at a traditional island beach house. Located in the heart of South Carolina’s ACE Basin, this area of the Palmetto State should be on everyone’s bucket list. Must be used between September 2016 and March 2017. Donated by Phil Sutton and CCA South Carolina.
- Cedar Bayou, Texas Fishing for Two – two (2) anglers will be the guests of John Blaha, CCA Texas Assistant Director, and you will spend two (2) days fishing the area around the recently restored Cedar Bayou, an iconic fish pass recently restored by the efforts of CCA Texas and local entities. You will be chasing trout and redfish with artificial lures while wade fishing in the surf if it is flat or the surrounding flats and reefs in the Cedar Bayou area. Fishing improved immediately once Cedar Bayou and Vinson Slough were flowing to the Gulf of Mexico again and the fishing in the area has been as good as it gets. This trip must be taken on a mutually agreeable date and includes three (3) nights of lodging. In addition, John will provide supper for you one (1) night of your choice at his home in Rockport. This trip expires October 30, 2017. Donated by John Blaha.
- Mountain Get-Away – Scaly Mountain, NC. Tired of the hustle and bustle of everyday city life. How about escaping to a more relaxing pace of life near the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains? The Mountain Roost is located in Scaly Mountain, NC…a few miles north of Sky Valley, GA and only 7 miles south of Highlands, NC. The cabin is a short drive to Franklin, NC. Nearby attractions include hiking/walking trails (one of which is the Bartram Trail), zip-lining, waterfalls, white water rafting, shopping, golf courses, and winter-time snow-tubing and outdoor ice skating rinks. There are also many places for the avid trout fisherman to throw in a line along the winding Chattooga River. The rustic cabin sleeps 6 comfortably, with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, family room and kitchen. Washer & dryer included. Package includes a 3-night stay. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Lisa Bell.
- The Choice is Yours! Luxury Villa Vacation for a week! Our vacation partners at Sporting Adventures International have teamed up with CCA SC for a truly original luxury vacation opportunity! The buyer of this item will get a choice of four luxury vacation destinations for a full week! All four destinations accommodate up to eight people (four couples) comfortably to the finest Vacation Villas in the Caribbean and Central America. From our native Jungle Villas in Costa Rica and Belize to our world class Luxury Villas in St Thomas and Cabo San Lucas we have put together a portfolio of incredible Villas. We can cater to all your needs from plane tickets to in-villas massages, our concierge team is here to make your vacation one to remember for a life time. Costa Rica – In a place full of lush vegetation and warm Pacific waters, you will find our Costa Rica villas located all around the small beach city of Jaco. Belize – Located in beautiful Placencia, Belize, our Villas are among the finest the country has to offer. St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands – Our St. Thomas Villas are truly spectacular. Located in the beautiful USVI, these Villas are among the finest the Island has to offer. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico – The beautiful town of Cabo is located in Mexico, at the tip of the Baja Peninsula, where the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean meet. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date; villas subject to availability. Must be used within one year of the date of purchase. Donated by Sporting Adventures International and CCA South Carolina. (This item has a reserve.)
- St. Simons Island Weekend Vacation “Once you get St. Simons sand in your shoes, you will return to the Island again and again!” Or so they say! Beneath the draping moss and arms of the giant live oaks that line our roads and pathways, an Island of residents, part-timers and visitors are happy to be spending their time in this special place. Three couples will enjoy a four day, three night stay at this luxurious pool side condo on this enchanting Georgia sea island. Located only two blocks away from the St. Simons pier and an equal number of minutes from the beach, the countless activities to fill your stay will be up to you! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date; must be used by December 1, 2017. Donated by Dr. & Mrs. John Bigger.
- CCA SC Edition Island Inspired Paddle Board Enjoy the water under your own power! This 11 foot custom paddle board by Murrells Inlet board shaper Todd Sutz of Island Inspired Surfboard Company takes board making back to artistry, craftsmanship and relationship. They believe the energy that goes into the making of their boards flows through to the life of the people who ride them. Donated by Island Inspired Surfboard Company & CCA South Carolina.
- Quail Hunting Package Cattlecreek Plantation Local CCA life member Sandy Stuhr hosts two (2) well – seasoned hunters for a day of Quail hunting in the only manner it was intended – Southern Style at his luxurious Cattlecreek Plantation in Reevesville, SC ! Must possess a valid SC hunting license. Bring your own guns and appropriate hunting attire. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Sandy’s Guide Service and CCA South Carolina.
- Charleston Duck Hunt w/ the Chairman Two lucky hunters will join Sea Island Chapter Chairman Gene Walpole and committee member Hunter Walpole for a full morning of action packed sporting adventure. Sunnyside Farms on Johns Island is your location as you enjoy shooting the menu of waterfowl found on the coast of South Carolina. To complete the deal, a 12 ga. Remington 887 pump action shotgun comes with the package. Trip must be taken during the 2016/2017 duck season on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Sunnyside Farms.
- Palmetto Tree End Table The perfect conversation piece for any room! This aluminum & glass table will provide years of use while displaying an appreciation of our coastal heritage in a style that will be quite eye catching. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Beaufort Blast & Cast Two (2) people enjoy a beautiful day on the low country waters of Beaufort, SC with Orvis Endorsed Guide Capt. Owen Plair shooting Marsh Hen and catching redfish in the same outing. The cast and blast charter is a fun filled adventure that can challenge even the most experienced shooter and angler. Poling through the vast open saltwater marshes flushing out marsh hen, shooting small gauge shot guns, with a limit of 15 per person. Then focusing on our great fishery for Redfish, Trout, Flounder, and a large assortment of other species. Not every day can you have the challenging experience of the Cast and Blast in Beaufort, SC. Light Tackle and Fly Fishing equipment will be provided. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. Owen Plair.
- Ripley Light Yacht Club Oyster Roast for 25 The soon to be famous Sea Island CCA Cooking Team brings an oyster roast to you and 25 of your closest friends. Our partners at Ripley Light Yacht Club will host the event on their spacious and scenic deck overlooking the water’s edge. You get to entertain while we provide the labor, beer, oysters & fixin’s, and knives. Please schedule on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Ripley Light Yacht Club and the Sea Island CCA Cooking Team.
- Ryan Collins Original Artwork Lowcountry native and artist Ryan Collins has been capturing on canvas the bounty and the beauty of the lowcountry his entire life. This piece is one he completed just this evening especially for the Sea Island Chapter; truly an original. Donated by Ryan Collins.
- The K2 Mystery Cooler Real Value. Real Cold. This 55 qrt roto-molded cooler is becoming the hottest cooler on the market! Stuffed with goodies, you have to buy it to find out what’s in it! Donated by CCA and K2 coolers.