Lexington Chapter Live Auction Preview November 13, 2014
Live Auction Preview
Thursday, November 13, 2014
- Saluda River Striper Trip The fish that made SC famous! Two anglers will join Trevor Bedell for an afternoon striper fishing trip on the scenic Saluda River just outside of Lexington. All fuel, bait, and tackle is included. Trip must be used in May 2015. Donated by Lexington CCA committee member Trevor Bedell.
- The World is Your Oyster CCA SC and oysters have a great relationship. They are the key to a healthy marine environment. Master Goldsmith Lex Matthews, a Florence, SC native, has captured the beauty of the oyster in his Oyster Shell Collection. This bronze oyster shell belt buckle and accompanying custom leather belt is sure to be a welcome addition to any wardrobe. As a side note, the sale of this particular item tonight will be earmarked for CCA SC’s habitat program, The Topwater Action Campaign. Donated by Mark Lexton Collection and Lex Matthews.
- Things of the Sporting Life So much of our memories of good times past are attached with the things that that we wear or use. My dad had an old Stanley thermos – dented and weather beaten – from years of rolling around in the bottom of a duck boat. For you, it may be a favorite red fish lure, or the call that brought that gobbler in last spring, or Grandpa’s lucky hat – mementos that hold the story and preserve the memory. Artist Michael Cassidy will provide one custom oil painting on panel (dimensions not to exceed 16” x 14”) of a still life item of your choice. Donated by Artist Michael Cassidy.
- Chicken Bog for 25 With the holiday season upon us, this is a great opportunity to entertain without lifting a finger! This SC traditional table fare comes equipped with all the paper products and the beer! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by the Lexington CCA Chapter cooking team.
- Carolina Baseball Package Batter up! Here is your chance to eliminate parking as an obstacle to enjoying two time national championship Carolina Baseball! Colonial Printing will donate a seasons parking pass directly across the street from Carolina Stadium! Accompanying this fantastic opportunity is a bat signed by Head Coach Chad Holbrook. Donated by Colonial Printing and Coach Chad Holbrook.
- Tailgate Package for 10 by Hudson’s BBQ Get ready for the “Big Bash” tailgate special courtesy of Hudson’s BBQ. This bodacious culinary package includes bbq, chicken, 3 sides of your choosing along with the rolls and the pickles for ten happy sports fans. And to wash it all down CCA is throwing in the beer! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Hudson’s BBQ and CCA South Carolina.
- Tails This brass redfish sculpture has been a favorite of CCA members for nearly a decade! This piece will be wonderful centerpiece in your office, home, or camp. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Live Oaks & Spot-Tails Two (2) anglers enjoy not only the beauty of SC’s lowcountry in Beaufort but also a 1/2 day of light tackle fishing for “tailin’ reds.” Capt. Danny Rourk makes this trip happen on a mutually agreeable date. Fuel, bait & tackle provided. Donated by Capt. Danny Rourk.
- CCA Fire pit Get ready to warm up in style! This 30” x 30” x 16” pit comes fully assembled and ready for your immediate use! Manufactured from cold rolled steel for years of durability, the natural rust patina finish will age over time. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Beaufort Blast & Cast Two (2) people enjoy a beautiful day on the low country waters of Beaufort, SC with Orvis Endorsed Guide Capt. Owen Plair shooting Marsh Hen and catching redfish in the same outing. The cast and blast charter is a fun filled adventure that can challenge even the most experienced shooter and angler. Poling through the vast open saltwater marshes flushing out marsh hen, shooting small gauge shot guns, with a limit of 15 per person. Then focusing on our great fishery for Redfish, Trout, Flounder, and a large assortment of other species. Not every day can you have the challenging experience of the Cast and Blast in Beaufort, SC. Light Tackle and Fly Fishing equipment will be provided. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. Owen Plair.
- Sailfish End Table The perfect conversation piece for any room! This aluminum & glass Sailfish motif table will provide years of use while displaying an appreciation of our coastal heritage in a style that will be quite eye catching. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Hand Carved Tupelo Serving Board “Made by God, crafted by Man” Hemingway, South Carolina artisan Chris Hughes embellishes each one of the one of a kind tupelo wood boards with this same message. Great for BBQ, chickens, Beaufort Stews, or whatever it will hold. This hand crafted piece is sure to be a conversation piece as well as a functioning piece of art.
- The Ya Ya Sisterhood Weekend: Just for the CCA Ladies! Ya Ya’s Unite! How about an Edisto weekend getaway for 10 of your closest friends? Included is a three-day/ two-night stay at a luxurious Island beach house. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date between September 2014 and May 2015. Donated by Phil Sutton and CCA South Carolina.
- Villas Adventures Belize Vacation for Six days/ 6 nights for 4 couples Villa Adventures is a true Central American Gem! Located in the beautiful country of Belize, these villas are among the finest the country has to offer; all located on the Caribbean Sea with four bedrooms and four baths, they do not disappoint. A short step out the front porch will take you right into the ocean and breath-taking snorkeling and diving as well as numerous other water sports. Charters available to enjoy the world class fishing with opportunities for permit, bonefish, snapper, grouper, and a host of other species year round. There are ancient Mayan ruins, rain forest zip lines, and majestic beach scenery to explore and take in while on your stay. Other activities available but not included are transfer to and from airport, daily maid service, daily or weekly chef and server, as well as grocery shopping prior to your arrival! This trip is for four couples or a large family looking to have a unique adventure. Trip is available between August 1, 2014 and August 1, 2015. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Sporting Adventures International and CCA South Carolina. This trip does have a reserve.
- The Inlet Sports Lodge Weekend Getaway This small upscale resort in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina is the perfect way to enjoy the Palmetto State’s famous coastal traditions. Tucked away in the Lowcountry, we are centrally located between Myrtle Beach and Pawley’s Island in history rich Georgetown County, SC. You and a guest will enjoy a two night stay at this ideal boutique-style lodge where you can enjoy true southern cuisine, enjoy our world renowned sandy shores, world class fishing, mingle with the locals on our famous marshwalk, and come to know first-hand what makes South Carolina first for destination travelers. This trip must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Inlet Sports Lodge and CCA South Carolina.
- Quail Hunting Homeplace Madison Howell knows quail! And he has the one of the most pristine places in the lowcountry to pursue them! Two hunters will join this true lowcountry gentleman on what will turn out to be one of the most enjoyable days a man can imagine chasing these fabled birds of a feather. Located in Ruffin, SC you will be hunting in fields designed with crops of the farms of old as well as the picturesque flat pines woods of Colleton County. Quail hunting as it was intended – Southern Style! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date before March 31, 2015. Donated by Madison Howell.
- Custom Quad Deer Stand This customized quad deer stand from our friends at Cross Hair Metal Works will be a sporty addition to your hunt club and will give you the advantage over your next trophy. Donated by Cross Hair Metal Works.
- Be very very quiet! Rabbit hunt for five (5) get ready for a whole pack of fun! Five hunters will join CCA SC State board member Kyle Godley for a day of chasing rabbits with an excellent pack of beagles trained just for this purpose. A field lunch is provided as well. Hunters should bring guns, shells, license, and a healthy desire for a hunting experience unlike anything else. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable weekend between January 2 and March 15, 2015. Donated by Kyle Godley, Johnboy, and John Scheper.
- Marlin & Sailfish Slam This brass over marble sculpture has been a favorite of CCA members for nearly a decade! This piece will be wonderful centerpiece in your office, home, or camp. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Charleston Inshore…First Class! Low Country guide Mark Phelps takes two (2) anglers on a ½ trip in the heart of Charleston. Fuel, bait & tackle are included just bring a healthy appetite for light tackle inshore angling. Please schedule on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. Mark Phelps.
- Pee Dee River Swamp Hog Hunt for Two Two hunters will join Pee Dee Chapter committee member Hartwell Bryant for a classic hog hunt in the Pee Dee River Swamp in Florence County. Known as a high target area, Hartwell has offered a guarantee for a shot on this hunt or you hunt until you do! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date between January 2015 and April 2105. Donated by Hartwell Bryant.
- Bay Creek Kennels Training Package Sit, Stay, Here! Bay Creek Kennels located in Brydtown, SC (just outside of Hartsville) will host man’s best friend for a month of training. Handler Rhett Riddle has the passion, the knowledge, and the facilities to develop your dog into a great companion in the field or an obedient loyal dog around the house. This package can be used for the first month of basic gun dog training, a retriever tune up or a month of advanced retriever training. This stay comes with daily training, conditioning, obedience, and boarding. Dog food for the month is donated by CCA SC. Donated by Bay Creek Kennels.
- More Chili Please Courtesy of the Lexington CCA chapter cooking team. This is an all inclusive chili party for twenty five…including the beer! Crackers, sour cream, shredded cheese; everything you need to warm your belly on a cold night. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date.
- CCA South Carolina License Plate Here is your chance to display your passion for recreational saltwater fishing all year long! CCA SC is offering you a chance to be one of the first 100 people in the state to have these brand new license plates that will benefit CCA SC’s advocacy and habitat programs. Step up and enjoy being one of the Committee of 100! Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- The Local Boy Outfitters/ K2 Mystery Cooler Real Value. Real Cold. This 50 qrt roto-molded cooler is becoming the hottest cooler on the market! Stuffed with goodies, you have to buy it to find out what’s in it! Donated by Local Boy Outfitters of Lexington and K2 coolers!