2016 Columbia Chapter Live Auction Preview
Live Auction Preview
Thursday, March 24, 2016
- Got Shrimp? Frogmore Stew for 25! Another effortless entertaining opportunity brought to you by the Columbia CCA Chapter Cooking Team! We provide all the ingredients that go into making that wonderful Lowcountry delicacy for twenty five of your closest friends…including the beer. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date.
- McClellanville Chart Art Naut your average framed nautical chart! Professionally printed with enhanced colors and framed with reclaimed wood found in and around the marshes of the southeastern coast, these charts provide a wow factor for any coastal home. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Let’s Eat This brass redfish sculpture has been a favorite of CCA members for nearly a decade! This piece will be wonderful centerpiece in your office, home, or camp. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Able Minded Charters Charleston is the destination and inshore red fishing is the game. Capt. Mike Able Jr. of Mt. Pleasant will host two anglers for a day of pursuing tailing redfish in and around the waters of Charleston. Fuel, bait, and tackle are provided, tips are not! Donated by Capt. Mike Able Jr.
- The Mote BBQ Special for 50 Local BBQ legend Billy Mote will bring this item to a convenient location of your choice. The hog, the trimmings, the beer…everything is included in this party package. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable time and place. Donated by Billy Mote and CCA South Carolina.
- Beaufort Blast & Cast Two (2) people enjoy a beautiful day on the low country waters of Beaufort, SC with Orvis Endorsed Guide Capt. Owen Plair shooting Marsh Hen and catching redfish in the same outing. The cast and blast charter is a fun filled adventure that can challenge even the most experienced shooter and angler. Poling through the vast open saltwater marshes flushing out marsh hen, shooting small gauge shot guns, with a limit of 15 per person. Then focusing on our great fishery for Redfish, Trout, Flounder, and a large assortment of other species. Not every day can you have the challenging experience of the Cast and Blast in Beaufort, SC. Light Tackle and Fly Fishing equipment will be provided. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. Owen Plair.
- Edisto Beach Getaway for Ten How about an Edisto weekend getaway for 10 of your closest friends?! Included is a three-day/two night stay at a traditional island beach house. Located in the heart of South Carolina’s ACE Basin, this area of the Palmetto State should be on everyone’s bucket list. Must be used between September 2016 and March 2017. Donated by Phil Sutton, The Marina at Edisto Beach, and CCA South Carolina.
- Palmetto Tree End Table The perfect conversation piece for any room! This aluminum & glass table will provide years of use while displaying an appreciation of our coastal heritage in a style that will be quite eye catching. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Youth Day Duck Hunt at Two Ponds Duck Club for 2 Youths and Two Fathers Just an hour outside of Columbia, this is a great opportunity to show 2 youths an amazing time duck hunting right here in South Carolina. Located just outside of Pinewood, SC, Two Ponds Duck Club is one of the premier private duck hunting clubs in the Palmetto State. This item will provide two youths and two fathers the opportunity to come down the night before and spend the night with other guests in the spacious and comfy log cabins that are on the property. Dinner will be provided the night before along with great fellowship and camaraderie. The following morning the group will have the opportunity to take in the beautiful scenery and shoot a mixed bag of ducks and return home after the hunt. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable youth day in the 2016/2017 season. Donated by Michael Wolfe.
- The Grounds Guys Yard for a Year Package Be the envy of the neighborhood and free up your time to enjoy the family! CCA SC committee member Walks Milliken of The Grounds Guys has got a landscape design & maintenance package you can’t do without! Included in this package is; one year of mosquito treatment, one year of turf care to include two treatments of pre-emergent, two applications of fertilizer, three applications of insecticide, weed control as needed, two tanks of round-up in the beds, lawn aeration, and a back yard landscape design done in auto cad & color! Services to be scheduled on mutually agreeable dates and must be located within the Columbia City Limits. Donated by Walks Milliken and The Grounds Guys.
- Texas Blast & Cast Grab your shotgun and fishing rod and come on down to Texas. We are going duck hunting and fishing in the Laguna Madre, winter home of the largest concentration of redhead ducks in the world, plus lots of pintails, widgeons and other species. After the morning hunt, it’s off to the flats to chase some speckled trout and redfish. This and more adventures await the two lucky folks who take this trip. The Laguna Madre is one of only 5 or 6 hyper saline lagoons in the world. The last 3 state record speckled trout were caught in Baffin Bay. A great place to hunt, fish, bird watch or just relax. Guys, women and couples are welcome. The accommodations are rustic cabins located on islands 30 minutes (or more ) by boat to the nearest road. Gourmet meals are included and the trip is 3 days of duck hunting & fishing with 2 nights stay, transportation to and from the airport, included. The trip is hosted by local CCA members.
- Offshore with the “Salty Dog” This locally owned and operated 54 foot Craig Blackwell express will leave you wanting more! Six (6) anglers will enjoy a day off the Charleston coast in pursuit of all the blue water species that South Carolina has to offer. Leaving out of Toler’s Cove, Tuna, dolphin, wahoo, and maybe just maybe something of the billfish variety will be the pursuit of the day. This trip must be taken within one year of the date of the banquet and must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Steve Lunceford.
- Mountain Get-Away – Scaly Mountain, NC. Tired of the hustle and bustle of everyday city life. How about escaping to a more relaxing pace of life near the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains? The Mountain Roost is located in Scaly Mountain, NC…a few miles north of Sky Valley, GA and only 7 miles south of Highlands, NC. The cabin is a short drive to Franklin, NC. Nearby attractions include hiking/walking trails (one of which is the Bartram Trail), zip-lining, waterfalls, white water rafting, shopping, golf courses, and winter-time snow-tubing and outdoor ice skating rinks. There are also many places for the avid trout fisherman to throw in a line along the winding Chattooga River. The rustic cabin sleeps 6 comfortably, with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, family room and kitchen. Washer & dryer included. Package includes a 3-night stay. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Lisa Bell.
- Ballyhoo for Sail! At 23 inches tall, this brass over marble rendition of one of the ocean’s most popular billfish is sure to be a pleaser! Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Cabo San Lucas for 8 Our friends at Sporting Adventures International have done it again! Cabo San Lucas Villas for six days/six nights in a four bedroom/ four bath luxury Baja Peninsula getaway. These villas are among the finest Cabo has to offer, each with private pool and world class views of the Sea Of Cortez. Cabo is known for its world class service, gourmet food, and numerous water sports. The fishing here is some of the best in the world for sport fish and the whale watching is spectacular. These villas are situated in an ultra exclusive gated community on the Sea of Cortez and are just a short drive from shopping, restaurants, and all the Cabo night life. The best of both worlds, very close to all the action but with luxury private accommodations. Must be used from one year from the date of purchase. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by CCA South Carolina. (This item does have a reserve).
- CCA’s Casa Rojo; Costa Rica for a Week CCA South Carolina and GHYD have teamed up to offer a Seven day, Six night gorgeous Costa Rican villa steps from the black volcanic sand beaches of the private gated community, Hermosa Palms, Costa Rica for couples or a large families. This Costa Rican paradise is located on the beautiful Pacific Coast. “Casa Rojo” is a modern 5 bed 3 bath villa with gorgeous views, rooftop access (perfect for sunbathing and breath taking sunsets) private pool, courtyard, guest house, large kitchen and living area. There is also a separate very large pool with swim up bar for Hermosa Palms guest only. The beach is very quiet and offers world class surfing. Ghyd offers numerous activities and daily services that can be added to the trip. Costa Rica is an extremely safe and healthy country and has fantastic weather all year round. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by CCA South Carolina. (This item does have a reserve).
- Custom Outdoor Fire Pit – Time to Warm Up! The Grounds Guys of Columbia will install a custom outdoor fire pit in your choice of three different colors. Sit back, relax and let them do the work for you! Built-in fire pits add charm to any back yard patio—48”wide x 12” high (31” interior diameter). Heavy gauge steel insert. One cord of seasoned wood and a bundle of kindling to accompany the custom fire pit. Must be redeem between September 1st and December 31st 2016 and must be located within the Columbia City Limits. Donated by Walks Milliken and The Grounds Guys.
- Offshore Edisto Dolphin, wahoo, tuna oh my! Six anglers will enjoy a day of offshore fishing the Gulf Stream off the lowcountry coast with Capt Charles Yeomans of Single Shot Guide Service. Leaving out of Edisto Beach on board his 33 foot catamaran, Capt Charles is a proven fish finder. Fuel, bait, and tackle are provided. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Single Shot Guide Service and CCA South Carolina.
- Saluda River Float Package Summer time fishing in the heart of Richland County! Courtesy of Barron’s Outfitters & Saluda Valley Guide Service! Two anglers will enjoy a ½ day float trip on the Saluda River fly-fishing for rainbow & brown trout, smallmouth bass, and perhaps a striped bass thrown in for good measure with freshwater guru Jake Howard. Expect the average trout to be 10 – 14 inches to perhaps a holdover breaking the 20 inch mark! Along with a great day on the water with Jake, Barron’s Outfitters is going to get you set up with a Simms Performance gear package as well! Included in your package is a Simms Ebb Tide long sleeve performance shirt, Simms Superlight zip off pants, Simms West shore flip-flops and an Engle 13 qrt cooler! And of course there is a Barron’s logoed Simms mesh back hat to finish it off. Trip must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by long time CCA SC supporter Barron’s Outfitters & Saluda Valley Guide Service.
- Be very very quiet! Rabbit hunt for five (5) get ready for a whole pack of fun! Five hunters will join CCA SC State board member Kyle Godley for a day of chasing rabbits with an excellent pack of beagles trained just for this purpose. A field lunch is provided as well. Hunters should bring guns, shells, license, and a healthy desire for a hunting experience unlike anything else. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable weekend between January 2 and March 15, 2017. Donated by Kyle Godley, John boy, and John Scheper.
- Father/ Son/ Daughter Turkey Hunt Just minutes from Columbia, one adult and one youth is going to enjoy the outdoor offerings of this great region of the Palmetto State! Columbia CCA chapter committee member Catlin Brewer will guide you and your youth companion for a spring morning turkey hunt that is sure to become a great memory. Located on 1000 acres of great turkey woods in Fairfield County along the banks of the Little River. Must have license, turkey tags, gun, and ammo. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date during the 2016 turkey season. Donated by Catlin Brewer.
- Broad River Bounty Two (2) anglers enjoy not only the beauty of Beaufort but also a day of light tackle fishing in the Broad River. Capt. Danny Rourk makes this trip happen on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. Danny Rourk and CCA South Carolina.
- Cowasee Basin Deer Hunting Adventure Get set to cram one full day of deer hunting in! This deer hunting package is for two hunters and will have you dog driving the 4,700 acre Boykin Hunt Club outside Camden in the morning and sitting in a tree stand after lunch. Being that it’s an all day adventure, lunch is provided along with great camaraderie. The Wateree River splits this legendary property so opportunity abounds for a harvest of deer or hogs. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date between Oct 15, 2016-Jan. 1, 2017. Donated by Derrick Wrigley and Bill Milliken.
- Eastern Tennessee Fishing Adventure Smallmouth bass fishing at its finest! Two anglers will enjoy two night’s accommodations at Watauga River Lodge on the bank of the Watauga River in one of the country’s greatest fishing regions in Eastern Tennessee. With an experienced guide, fish two days drifting the South Holston or Watauga River, two of the best smallmouth rivers in the states. Relax at day’s end, and bring your own steaks and beer to cook out right on the river’s edge at the awesome outdoor kitchen at the lodge. The rooms are top notch and lunch will be provided by the lodge. A day can be traded out for world class trout fishing if desired. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Watauga River Lodge.
- Hog Hunting the Cowasee Basin..with Dogs Now here is something different! CCA SC committee member Derrick Wrigley and Ryan Bowers of Camden, SC will host two (2) hunters for a day of hunting for hogs along the Cowasee Basin region of the state. Your place or ours! Hunting with dogs, this adventure will bring a new level of excitement to hog hunting that many hunters have never experienced; CCA SC will supply the breakfast. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date, preferably in early 2017. Donated by Derrick Wrigley and Ryan Bowers.
- Carolina Sports Package Forever to Thee! Gamecock fans look no further for your tickets to Carolina Sports. Included in this package is two (2) 2016 football tickets, two (2) baseball tickets, four (4) men’s basketball tickets, four (4) women’s basketball tickets, and parking passes to both baseball and basketball! Must be scheduled on mutually agreeable games. Donated by Tom Milliken and W.D. Morris Jr.
- Bream & Largemouth Bass Fishing Expedition A Father and Child to an exclusive pond located in Fairfield County, SC. The trip includes transportation, bait, tackle, lunch, boat, and Captain. The trip can be either a 1/2 day morning or 1/2 day afternoon trip at a mutually agreed upon date between May 9th and September 1st, or between January 1st and March 12th. Donated by Columbia CCA Committee Member Matt Cooke.
- Miner Metal Works Redfish Hitch Cover Each piece of Daniel Miner’s metal art is an original interpretation achieved by transforming repurposed steel into detailed sculpture. Donated by CCA South Carolina.