2019 Columbia Chapter Live Auction Preview
[dt_gap height=”10″ /]Columbia Chapter
Live Auction Preview
Thursday, March 14, 2019
- CCA’s 2019 Artist of the Year Print CCA SC presents its 2019 Artist of the Year: Columbia-based outdoor photographer Justin Hodge. Justin grew up hunting and fishing in the Palmetto State and has translated that passion into his photography in this canvas print titled “Tailing Tides”. To check out more of Justin’s work, visit his website, www.jhodgeproductions.com or follow him on Instagram @j.hodgeproductions. Donated by CCA South Carolina and Justin Hodge.
- Squirrel It Away… 4 hunters will join Columbia CCA Committee Member Ben Simmons for a morning or afternoon hunt with a target of Squirrels! Ben will host you on his property in Sumter County. This trip is sure to be great fun for hunters of any expertise level! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date between January 1 and March 1, 2020. Donated by Ben Simmons.
- Hand Carved Tupelo Serving Board “Made by God, crafted by Man” Hemingway, South Carolina artisan Chris Hughes embellishes each one of the one of a kind tupelo wood boards with this same message. Great for BBQ, chickens, Beaufort Stews, or whatever it will hold. This hand-crafted piece is sure to be a conversation piece as well as a functioning piece of art. Donated by CCA South Carolina and Hughes Handcrafted Trays.
- CCA Edition Hook + Gaff Watch Every angler needs a watch built specifically with angling in mind! This custom edition Sportfisher watch, hand-assembled right here in South Carolina, is the perfect accessory for an active outdoor lifestyle. Donated by Hook+Gaff and CCA South Carolina.
- Mountain Get-Away – Scaly Mountain, NC. Tired of the hustle and bustle of everyday city life. How about escaping to a more relaxing pace of life near the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains? The Mountain Roost is located in Scaly Mountain, NC…a few miles north of Sky Valley, GA and only 7 miles south of Highlands, NC. The cabin is a short drive to Franklin, NC. Nearby attractions include hiking/walking trails (one of which is the Bartram Trail), zip-lining, waterfalls, white water rafting, shopping, golf courses, and winter-time snow-tubing and outdoor ice skating rinks. There are also many places for the avid trout fisherman to throw in a line along the winding Chattooga River. The rustic cabin sleeps 6 comfortably, with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, family room and kitchen. Washer & dryer included. Package includes a 3-night stay. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Lisa Bell.
- Father/Youth Turkey Hunt Just minutes from Columbia, one adult and one youth is going to enjoy the outdoor offerings of this great region of the Palmetto State! Columbia CCA chapter committee member Catlin Brewer will guide you and your youth companion for a spring morning turkey hunt that is sure to become a great memory. Located on 1000 acres of great turkey woods in Fairfield County along the banks of the Little River. Must have license, turkey tags, gun, and ammo. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date during the 2019 turkey season. Donated by Catlin Brewer.
- The Mote BBQ Special for 100 Local BBQ legend Billy Mote will bring this item to a convenient location of your choice. The hog, the trimmings, the beer…everything is included in this party package! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and place. Donated by Billy Mote and CCA South Carolina.
- Deer Hunt for 2 at Four Boys Farm 2 hunters will travel to Four Boys Farm in Bishopville for a full day deer hunt on a weekday between October 15th, 2019 and January 1st, 2020. Includes accommodations, meals and beverages; this is sure to be an exciting whitetail adventure! Hosted and donated by Brandon Jeffcoat of Clark’s Pest Control.
- Indian Field Quail Hunt There is no finer way to spend a day in the southern woods than quail hunting! Only an hour’s drive from Columbia, the crew at Indian Field Quail Preserve will host up to three hunters for a ½ day of quail hunting as it was intended – Southern Style! Located in St. George, SC you will be hunting in fields designed with crops of the farms of old as well as the picturesque flat pine woods of Dorchester County. Must have valid SC hunting license; bring your own small gauge guns, shells, and appropriate hunting attire. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Indian Field Quail Preserve and CCA South Carolina.
- Texas Rio Turkey Hunt Is it time to check a species off of your grand slam? Well, CCA Texas is here to help! 2 hunters will travel to Premont, Texas, which is an hour south of Corpus Christi or 2.5 hours from the San Antonio Airport. You will enjoy a three-night, two day hunt chasing down Rio Grande Gobblers with an experienced South Texas turkey caller. You’ll be hunting on 1,500 acres filled with mesquite, cactus and miles of senderos. This private ranch is adjacent to the world-famous King Ranch in Premont. Texas. Lodging and meals will be provided during your stay on the ranch. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date during the 2020 season. Donated by CCA Texas.
- Edisto Beach Getaway for Ten How about an Edisto weekend getaway for 10 of your closest friends?! Included is a three-day/two night stay at a traditional island beach house…one night of you stay, head to Ella and Ollie’s and use your $100 gift certificate for small plates and cocktails. Located in the heart of South Carolina’s ACE Basin, this area of the Palmetto State should be on everyone’s bucket list. Must be used between September 2019 and March 2020. Donated by Phil Sutton, Ella and Ollie’s and CCA South Carolina.
- Hog Hunting with Dogs This has become a CCA Columbia favorite… CCA SC state board member and Columbia Chapter Chairman Derrick Wrigley along with Ryan Bowers of Camden, SC will host two hunters for a day of hunting hogs along the Cowasee Basin region of the state. Your place or ours! Hunting with dogs, this adventure will bring a new level of excitement to hog hunting that many hunters have never experienced; CCA SC will supply the breakfast. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date, preferably in early 2020. Donated by Derrick Wrigley and Ryan Bowers.
- Personal Chef Experience…In your own home! Invite 3 other couples over and prepare to be wow-ed! Columbia-native William Mote will bring his chef-expertise to your home where he will prepare a casual, 4-course menu with expert wine pairings to match the meal. William will consult with you to choose a menu based on your personal tastes. William’s passion for food led him to the Culinary Institute in Charleston, SC, where he worked at McCrady’s until graduation. After, he left South Carolina for the Big Apple! In NYC, William worked under renowned chef Daniel Boulud at Cafe Boulud in NYC’s Upper East Side. He then transitioned downtown on Wall Street to the exquisite dining restaurant SHO. Before leaving NYC, William ran his own restaurant in the West Village called the New French. It was after his time at the New French that William and his wife decided to move from Brooklyn, NY back home to South Carolina. Most recently while living in Charleston, he worked for 3 years at Butcher and Bee as head chef. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by William Mote.
- The Grounds Guys Outdoor Lighting Package The Grounds Guys of Columbia are ready to add the curb appeal you didn’t know you were missing with a custom landscape lighting package! Add a little extra touch to your landscape with outdoor landscape lights around your house…this package includes 5 up-lights, 5 copper bed/path lights, a stainless steel 150-watt transformer with photocell and timer, all installed. This package includes all LED lightbulbs and a 5-year warranty on the bulbs and fixtures. Must be installed between October 1st and February 29th, 2020 and must be located within the Columbia City limits. Donated by Walks Milliken and The Grounds Guys of Columbia.
- Buenaventura, Panama for Eight 8 people will travel to Panama for 6 Days/6 Nights at a Panamanian Villa in the luxury resort of Buenaventura. Nestled in the five-star resort of Buenaventura on Panama’s Pacific Coast, Ghyd Adventures is offering a 6-night stay at their exclusive villa, “Casa De Brisa.” Casa De Brisa is the perfect Panamanian getaway. This four-bed, four-bath estate is accompanied by an oversized pool, tiki hut, outdoor grill, outdoor shower and much more. This trip for eight is perfect for four couples or a large family. Multiple private beaches are just a short walk and guests have access to all Buenaventura Resort has to offer as well as a dedicated concierge during your stay. Airfare, in-country transportation, excursions, meals and beverages are not included, but can be arranged through Ghyd Adventures. Donated by CCA South Carolina and Ghyd Adventures. (This item does have a reserve.) (https://ghydadventures.com/experiences/panama/)
- St. Thomas, USVI Vacation House for Eight Set you clock to island time! 8 people – perfect for 4 couples or a large family! – will head to St. Thomas for six days and six nights! With several villas to choose from, each boasts its own private pool and views of the Caribbean Sea. St. Thomas is well-known for its incredible snorkeling and diving as well as numerous other watersports. The city of Red Hook is minutes from the villas and hosts shopping and restaurants or you can take a short ferry ride to St. John for additional island experiences. The fishing is world class for Marlin off the North Drop with great opportunities for giant fish. All villa packages include a personal concierge to help plan every detail of your trip. Must be booked on a mutually agreeable date; trip valid for one year from the date of purchase. Donated by CCA South Carolina and Primus Villas. (This item does have a reserve.) (https://primusvillas.com/destinations/st-thomas/)
- Offshore with the “Salty Dog” This locally owned and operated 54-foot Craig Blackwell express will leave you wanting more! Six anglers will enjoy a day off the Charleston coast in pursuit of all the blue water species that South Carolina has to offer. Leaving out of Toler’s Cove, Tuna, dolphin, wahoo, and maybe just maybe something of the billfish variety will be the pursuit of the day. This trip must be taken within one year of the date of the banquet and must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Steve Lunceford.
- Saluda River Fly-Fishing, All decked out! Summertime fishing in the heart of Richland County! Courtesy of Barron’s Outfitters & Saluda Valley Guide Service, two anglers will enjoy a ½ day float trip on the Saluda River fly-fishing for rainbow & brown trout, smallmouth bass, and perhaps a striped bass thrown in for good measure with freshwater-guru Jake Howard. To outfit you for a great day on the water with Jake, Barron’s Outfitters is including your very only fly box full of freshwater flies, an Abu Garcia dry bag backpack, a Barron’s Outfitters hat, and a $100 gift certificate for you to choose any other gear you may need. Trip must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by long-time CCA SC supporter Barron’s Outfitters & Jake Howard of Saluda Valley Guide Service.
- Cowasee Basin Deer Hunting Adventure Get set to cram one full day of deer hunting in! This deer hunting package is for two hunters and will have you dog driving the 4,700-acre Boykin Hunt Club outside Camden in the morning and sitting in a tree stand after lunch. Being that it’s an all-day adventure, lunch is provided along with great camaraderie. The Wateree River splits this legendary property so opportunity abounds for a harvest of deer or hogs. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date between Oct 15, 2019-Jan. 1, 2020. Donated by Derrick Wrigley.
- Youth Day Duck Hunt at Two Ponds Duck Club for 2 Youth and Two Fathers Just an hour outside of Columbia, this is a great opportunity to show 2 youth an amazing time duck hunting right here in South Carolina. Located just outside of Pinewood, SC, Two Ponds Duck Club is one of the premier private duck hunting clubs in the Palmetto State. This item will provide two youth and two fathers the opportunity to come down the night before and spend the night with other guests in the spacious and comfy log cabins that are on the property. Dinner will be provided the night before along with great fellowship and camaraderie. The following morning the group will have the opportunity to take in the beautiful scenery and shoot a mixed bag of ducks and return home after the hunt. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable youth day in the 2019/2020 season. Donated by Michael Wolfe.
- Carolina Sports Package Forever to Thee! Gamecock fans look no further for your tickets to Carolina Sports. Included in this package is two 2019 football tickets, two baseball tickets, four men’s basketball tickets, four women’s basketball tickets, and parking passes to both baseball and basketball! Must be scheduled on mutually agreeable games. Donated by Tom Milliken and W.D. Morris, Jr.
- CCA Edition Fire Disc Cooker The hottest new item on the market! This 36” tall portable propane cooker will be perfect for your camp, back deck, or to pack up on boat days for sandbar snacks! Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Got Shrimp? Beaufort Stew for 50! Another effortless entertaining opportunity brought to you by the Columbia CCA Chapter Cooking Team! We provide all the ingredients that go into making that wonderful Lowcountry delicacy for up to fifty of your closest friends…including the beer. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date.
- Bream & Largemouth Bass Fishing Expedition A Father and Child to an exclusive pond located in Fairfield County, SC. The trip includes transportation, bait, tackle, lunch, boat, and Captain. The trip can be either a 1/2 day morning or 1/2 day afternoon trip at a mutually agreed upon date between May 9th and September 1st, or between January 1st and March 12th. Donated by Columbia CCA Committee Member Matt Cooke.
- The CCA/ Engel Mystery Cooler This 65-quart cooler is stuffed with goodies, you have to buy it to find out what’s in it! Donated by CCA South Carolina and Engel Coolers.