2019 Sea Island Chapter Live Auction Preview
[dt_gap height=”10″ /]
Sea Island Chapter
Live Auction Preview
Thursday, Sept 26, 2019
Founder’s Hall @ Charles Towne Landing
- CCA’s 2019 Artist of the Year Print CCA SC presents its 2019 Artist of the Year: Columbia-based outdoor photographer Justin Hodge. Justin grew up hunting and fishing in the Palmetto State and has translated that passion into his photography in this canvas print titled “Tailing Tides”. To check out more of Justin’s work, visit his website, www.jhodgeproductions.com or follow him on Instagram @j.hodgeproductions. Donated by CCA South Carolina and Justin Hodge.
- CCA Edition Fire Disc Cooker The hottest new item on the market! This 36” tall portable propane cooker will be perfect for your camp, back deck, or to pack up on boat days for sandbar snacks! Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Fishing Charleston With Capt. John Irwin Spend time on the water with this passionate guide and you’ll come away with a new appreciation for inshore and nearshore fishing! Two anglers will spend one ½ day with Capt. John fishing the Lowcountry in and around Charleston’s historic waters. With over ten years of experience on these local waters, Capt. Irwin will certainly put you within casting distance of the fish of your dreams. Fuel, bait, and tackle are provided; tips are not. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. John Irwin and Fly Right Charters.
- CCA Edition Hook + Gaff Watch Every angler needs a watch built specifically with angling in mind! This custom edition Sportfisher watch, hand-assembled right here in South Carolina, is the perfect accessory for an active outdoor lifestyle. Donated by Hook+Gaff and CCA South Carolina.
- Mountain Get-Away – Scaly Mountain, NC… Tired of the hustle and bustle of everyday city life? How about escaping to a more relaxing pace of life near the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains? The Mountain Roost is located in Scaly Mountain, NC…a few miles north of Sky Valley, GA and only 7 miles south of Highlands, NC. The cabin is a short drive to Franklin, NC. Nearby attractions include hiking/walking trails (one of which is the Bartram Trail), zip-lining, waterfalls, white water rafting, shopping, golf courses, and winter-time snow-tubing and outdoor ice-skating rinks. There are also many places for the avid trout fisherman to throw in a line along the winding Chattooga River. The rustic cabin sleeps 4 adults and 1-2 children comfortably, with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, family room and kitchen. Washer & dryer included. Package includes a 3-night stay. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date between May and October. Donated by Lisa Bell.
- Got Shrimp? Frogmore Stew for 25! Another effortless entertaining opportunity brought to you by the CCA Cooking Team! We provide all the ingredients that go into making that wonderful lowcountry delicacy for twenty of your closest friends…including the beer. Brought to you by the soon to be famous CCA Cooking Team. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and used within one year from date of purchase.
- Wade Fishing in Rockport, Texas Two (2) anglers will spend three (3) nights in Rockport, Texas and wade fish for two (2) days with CCA Texas Assistant Director John Blaha. The Rockport area offers many types of areas for wade fishing for speckled trout and redfish; everything from knee deep grass/sand flats, mid bay oyster reefs, and marsh lakes and drains. You will be wade fishing with artificial lures in the Coastal Bend of Texas. This package includes lunch & water or soft drinks on the boat, and three (3) nights of lodging. Purchaser is responsible for all transportation to and from Rockport. Be sure to bring fishing licenses, sunscreen, polarized sunglasses, and comfortable clothes and wading boots for wading. If it is wintertime you will need waders and appropriate clothing. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and expires November 30, 2020. Donated by John Blaha and CCA Texas.
- Chef Prepared 3 Course Dinner in your home for 10 Chef Randy Williams of the Culinary Institute of Charleston at Trident Technical College will prepare a 3-course meal at the Lowcountry location of your choice. Wow your friends with a culinary experience that is sure to be second to none! Chef Williams has served as the Executive Chef of Zero George Café and Cooking School, Blossom Restaurant, Chef de Cuisine at Voysseys (Cassique Golf Club on Kiawah Island) under Top Chef Tom Colicchio, as well as Sous Chef stints at both Cypress and Magnolias Restaurants. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Chef Randy Williams. (This item has a reserve.)
- The Choice is Yours! Luxury Villa Vacation for a week! Our vacation partners at Primus Villas have teamed up with CCA SC for a truly original luxury vacation opportunity! The buyer of this item will get a choice of four luxury vacation destinations for a full week! All four destinations accommodate up to eight people (four couples) comfortably to the finest Vacation Villas in the Caribbean and Central America. From our native Jungle Villas in Belize to our world class Luxury Villas in St Thomas and Cabo San Lucas we have put together a portfolio of incredible vacation destinations. We can cater to all your needs from plane tickets to in-villa massages and fishing charters; our concierge team is here to make your vacation one to remember for a lifetime. Belize – Our villas are located around Placencia, a small but beautiful town near the tip of a peninsula in southern Belize. In these magnificent properties, you’ll be able to enjoy a lavish lifestyle with all the creature comforts of home. Thomas, US Virgin Islands – Our villas are located throughout the island, each offering spectacular views and a tranquil, tropical environment. Jaco, Costa Rica – Offering breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean or awe-inspiring mountainous jungle vistas, each featuring private pool and serene surroundings, Primus properties are among the finest that Costa Rica has to offer. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date; villas subject to availability. Must be used within one year of the date of purchase. Donated by Primus Villas and CCA South Carolina. (This item has a reserve.) (www.primusvillas.com)
- Lowcountry Oyster Company Roast for 25 Grab a crowd and get your knives ready, because the boys from Lowcountry Oyster Company are bringing their soon-to-be famous local singles to you for an oyster roast for 25 people. There are few things as quintessential lowcountry as an oyster roast. Using the latest technology and techniques, you and your guests will enjoy some of the best oysters available, harvested to order. Lowco is going to bring everything you need to feed 25 hungry oyster eaters – and CCA SC is going to throw in the beer! All you must do is sit back and enjoy. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Lowcountry Oyster Company and CCA South Carolina.
- Music City Weekend for Four Two couples (or four adults) will enjoy a two-night stay in Nashville with accommodations at a brand new, super stylish townhouse in the historic neighborhood of Lockland Springs in East Nashville (one mile from downtown – only a 5-minute Uber ride). Quintessentially Music City, your weekend will include four tickets to a show at the Ryman Auditorium – whether an intimate concert or the Opry, there is always a great show happening at the Ryman; VIP cocktail hour at Ole Smoky Distillery and dinner for four at The Southern Steak & Oyster. Stroll Broadway for live music, check out the Country Music Hall of Fame, and eat your way through one of the south’s best cities for interesting cuisine. Two-night stay must be scheduled during mutually agreeable dates within one year of sale. Donated by the Music City Chapter of CCA.
- Edisto Beach Getaway for Ten How about an Edisto weekend getaway for 10 of your closest friends?! Included is a three-day/two-night stay at a traditional island beach house. Located in the heart of South Carolina’s ACE Basin, this area of the Palmetto State should be on everyone’s bucket list. Must be used between September 2019 and March 2020. Donated by Phil Sutton and CCA South Carolina.
- Quail Hunting for Two with Sandy Local CCA Life Member Sandy Stuhr hosts 2 well-seasoned hunters for a day of guided quail hunting in the only manner it was intended – Southern Style at his luxurious Pinetop Plantation in Dorange, SC! Must have a valid SC hunting license. Bring your own guns and appropriate hunting attire. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Sandy Stuhr.
- Geared up in Reel Time! Two anglers will join Charleston native Capt. Ben Powers of Reel Time Charters for a half day inshore charter fishing the waters around Charleston. Capt. Ben is a member of both the Shimano Fishing Pro-staff as well as an Aftco Pro-Staffer. In order to make sure you are fully outfitted for your day on the water, this package includes an assortment of Aftco clothing and a 7’ G. Loomis E6X inshore rod sporting a Shimano Nasci C3000 reel. Fuel, bait and ice are provided as a part of your excursion, but tips for your Capitan are not. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. Ben Powers, Shimano and Aftco.
- Hand Carved Tupelo Serving Board “Made by God, crafted by Man” Hemingway, South Carolina artisan Chris Hughes embellishes each one of the one of a kind tupelo wood boards with this same message. Great for BBQ, chickens, Beaufort Stews, or whatever it will hold. This hand-crafted piece is sure to be a conversation piece as well as a functioning piece of art.
- The Lowcountry Sporting Gentry Package Grady Ervin & Co. has put together a sporting apparel package that every well-seasoned sportsman needs! Look great in the town or the country! Donated by Grady Ervin & Co.
- Ryan Collins Original Artwork Lowcountry native and artist Ryan Collins has been capturing on canvas the bounty and the beauty of the lowcountry his entire life. This piece is one he completed just this evening especially for the Sea Island Chapter; truly an original. Donated by Ryan Collins.
- The CCA/ Engel Mystery Cooler This 65-quart cooler is stuffed with goodies; you have to buy it to find out what’s in it! Donated by CCA South Carolina and Engel Coolers.