Live Auction Preview
Thursday July 11, 2019
Winyah Indigo Hall
- CCA’s 2019 Artist of the Year Print CCA SC presents its 2019 Artist of the Year: Columbia-based outdoor photographer Justin Hodge. Justin grew up hunting and fishing in the Palmetto State and has translated that passion into his photography in this canvas print titled “Tailing Tides”. To check out more of Justin’s work, visit his website, www.jhodgeproductions.com or follow him on Instagram @j.hodgeproductions. Donated by CCA South Carolina and Justin Hodge.
- Got Shrimp Beaufort Stew for 25! Another effortless entertaining opportunity brought to you by the Winyah CCA Chapter Cooking Team! We provide all the ingredients that go into making that wonderful lowcountry delicacy for twenty five of your closest friends…including the beer. Brought to you by the soon to be famous Winyah CCA Chapter Cooking Team. Good for one year from date of banquet. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date.
- CCA Edition Hook + Gaff Watch Every angler needs a watch built specifically with angling in mind! This custom edition Sportfisher watch, hand-assembled right here in South Carolina, is the perfect accessory for an active outdoor lifestyle. Donated by Hook+Gaff and CCA South Carolina.
- Edisto Beach Getaway for Ten How about an Edisto weekend getaway for 10 of your closest friends?! Included is a three-day/two night stay at a traditional island beach house. Located in the heart of South Carolina’s ACE Basin, this area of the Palmetto State should be on everyone’s bucket list. Must be used between September 2019 and March 2020. Donated by Phil Sutton and CCA South Carolina.
- Stray Cat Catches Cobia! The cobia fishery in and around Beaufort and Hilton Head is a jewel of the South Carolina lowcountry. Two anglers will spend a half-day with Aftco pro-staffer Capt. Jim Clark of Stray Cat charters out of Hilton Head Island in pursuit of cobia and maybe a few other species if the time is right! There’s a fairly tight window of time to catch these near shore fish that spawn in the nearby Port Royal and St. Helena sounds. Best fishing is from April-June. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. Jim Clark.
- Hand Carved Tupelo Serving Board“Made by God, crafted by Man” Hemingway, South Carolina artisan Chris Hughes embellishes each one of the one of a kind tupelo wood boards with this same message. Great for BBQ, chickens, Beaufort Stews, whole hogs, or whatever it will hold. This hand crafted piece is sure to be a conversation piece as well as a functioning piece of art.
- DeBordieu Staycation Located on the second row in DeBordieu, “Good Graces” will serve as your home away from home for a full week during the off-season! With 5 bedrooms and 5 ½ baths, this recently updated beach house easily sleeps 14 guests. Play golf or tennis, enjoy the beach and views from your well-appointed screened porch or launch your boat and wet a line with easy access to North Inlet. Home available for rental for one week (Fri.-Fri.) from October to February. Cleaning fees are included. Linens available at an additional charge. Donated by DeBordieu Rentals.
- South Carolina Saltwater Stamp & Print Collection Here is your chance to own an extremely rare and sought-after collection of fishing memorabilia: the complete South Carolina Saltwater Stamp collection corresponding prints, each with the same artist number; 1389/4000. Now out of production and no longer required of anglers, this collection has been kept in pristine condition (never framed) and protected from light and UV rays that breakdown the pigments and color causing damage to the art. A single piece is not uncommon, however a complete set with the same artist number for ten years is a true collector’s piece and one that you most likely will never come across again! (This item has a reserve.)
- The Choice is Yours! Luxury Villa Vacation for a week! Our vacation partners at Primus Villas have teamed up with CCA SC for a truly original luxury vacation opportunity! The buyer of this item will get a choice of four luxury vacation destinations for a full week! All four destinations accommodate up to eight people (four couples) comfortably to the finest Vacation Villas in the Caribbean and Central America. From our native Jungle Villas in Belize to our world class Luxury Villas in St Thomas and Cabo San Lucas we have put together a portfolio of incredible vacation destinations. We can cater to all your needs from plane tickets to in-villa massages and fishing charters; our concierge team is here to make your vacation one to remember for a lifetime. Belize – Our villas are located around Placencia, a small but beautiful town near the tip of a peninsula in southern Belize. In these magnificent properties, you’ll be able to enjoy a lavish lifestyle with all of the creature comforts of home. St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands – Our villas are located throughout the island, each offering spectacular views and a tranquil, tropical environment. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico – Our villas are situated in an ultra-exclusive gated community overlooking the ocean while also very close to the Cabo night life attractions and famous golf courses. Each featuring four bedrooms and bathrooms, private pool and breathtaking views of the Sea of Cortez. Jaco, Costa Rica – Offering breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean or awe-inspiring mountainous jungle vistas, each featuring private pool and serene surroundings, Primus properties are among the finest that Costa Rica has to offer. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date; villas subject to availability. Must be used within one year of the date of purchase. Donated by Primus Villas and CCA South Carolina. (This item has a reserve.) (www.primusvillas.com)
- Oysters for 25 The soon to be famous Winyah CCA Cooking Team brings an oyster roast to you and 25 of your closest friends. You get to entertain while we provide the labor, one cooler of beer, oysters & fixin’s, and knives. Please schedule on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Winyah CCA Chapter Cooking Team.
- Chandeleur Island Adventure for 2 Experience the adventures of Island Life on the Chandeleur Islander Fishing Lodge, located in Louisiana’s prime fishing area for monster trout, bull reds and doormat-sized flounder! The Chandeleur Islander is a modified jack up boat with comfortable accommodations for up to 24 guests. You can bring your boat, use provided kayaks, night fish under the lights, gig for flounder, go crabbing, rent a skiff, charter a guide or wade out for world-class surf fishing. Fishing opportunities are endless! During duck season, you can also hunt in the Bayou Biloxi WMA. Staff is on board to prepare meals, provide housekeeping and guide you to an excellent Island Adventure. Meals, drinks and 2 nights’ accommodations are provided! Transportation (by boat or plane), guided fishing and fishing equipment are available, but not included. Please book on a mutually agreeable date. Expires one year from purchase. Donated by CCA Louisiana. (https://www.chandeleur-islander.com)
- Mountain Get-Away – Scaly Mountain, NC. Tired of the hustle and bustle of everyday city life? How about escaping to a more relaxing pace of life near the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains? The Mountain Roost is located in Scaly Mountain, NC…a few miles north of Sky Valley, GA and only 7 miles south of Highlands, NC. The cabin is a short drive to Franklin, NC. Nearby attractions include hiking/walking trails (one of which is the Bartram Trail), zip-lining, waterfalls, white water rafting, shopping, golf courses, and winter-time snow-tubing and outdoor ice skating rinks. There are also many places for the avid trout fisherman to throw in a line along the winding Chattooga River. The rustic cabin sleeps 4 adults and 1-2 children comfortably, with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, family room and kitchen. Washer & dryer included. Package includes a 3-night stay. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Robbie & Lisa Bell.
- Tarpon Time with Tailwind ChartersTarpon season is here… Two anglers will spend a ½ day tarpon fishing in Beaufort, SC with CCA SC state board member and native Beaufortonian Capt. Danny Rourk. There are very few true “tarpon experts” in South Carolina and Danny is one of them! Fuel, bait, and tackle are provided. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Tailwind Charters.
- CCA Edition Fire Disc Cooker The hottest new item on the market! This 36” tall portable propane cooker will be perfect for your camp, back deck, or to pack up on boat days for sandbar snacks! Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- CCA’s Porthole Project Your chance to own a part of CCA and South Carolina maritime history! CCA SC sank the Susan Richards in June 2019 as part of our offshore habitat reefing initiatives; this porthole was a part of that vessel and was removed during the cleaning and deriving process before being placed on the ocean floor. A unique piece of décor for your home or office, all funds raised from the auction of this item will be earmarked for habitat projects in the Palmetto State.
- The CCA/ Engel Mystery Cooler This 65-quart cooler is stuffed with goodies, you have to buy it to find out what’s in it! Donated by CCA South Carolina and Engel Coolers.