East Cooper Chapter Live Auction Preview – 2014
East Cooper Chapter Live Auction Preview
Friday, May 23, 2014
U.S.S. YORKTOWN, Mt. Pleasant, S.C.
- Picking and Grinning It not only plays great music but this one of kind guitar will have you grinning for fishing! Created by Mt. Pleasant artist and Lowcountry Flyshop owner Paul Puckett, this guitar is truly a one of one. Donated by Paul Puckett and CCA South Carolina.
- Charleston Harbor Nautical Chart Art Know where you’re at. Not only does this piece look nice on display but it is functional as well. The Government stopped producing these charts in April 2014, get yours now! Donated by A Simple Tree Picture Framing.
- CCA Fire pit Get ready to warm up in style! This 30” x 30” x 16” pit comes fully assembled and ready for your immediate use! Manufactured from cold rolled steel for years of durability, the natural rust patina finish will age over time. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Copper Porch Lanterns Nothing says welcome to the lowcountry like brass lanterns. This set of two electric copper lanterns will make a welcoming statement to your home and leave a warming impression on everyone that comes through your door. Donated by Nauset Lantern Company.
- Got Shrimp! Beaufort Stew for 25! Another effortless entertaining opportunity brought to you by the CCA Cooking Team! We provide all the ingredients that go into making that wonderful lowcountry delicacy for twenty five of your closest friends…including the beer. Brought to you by the soon to be famous CCA Cooking Team. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date.
- Tails This brass redfish sculpture has been a favorite of CCA members for nearly a decade! This piece will be wonderful centerpiece in your office, home, or camp. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Hand Carved Tupelo Serving Board Johnsonville, South Carolina artisan Benji Byars learned his carving craft from the late Quinton Hughes. Great for BBQ, chickens, Beaufort Stews, or whatever you want it to hold, this hand crafted piece is made from one solid piece of tupelo wood and is sure to be a conversation piece as well as a functioning piece of art. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Beaufort Blast & Cast Two (2) people enjoy a beautiful day on the lowcountry waters of Beaufort, SC with Orvis Endorsed Guide Capt. Owen Plair shooting Marsh Hen and catching redfish in the same outing. The cast and blast charter is a fun filled adventure that can challenge even the most experienced shooter and angler. Poling through the vast open saltwater marshes flushing out marsh hen, shooting small gauge shot guns, with a limit of 15 per person. Then focusing on our great fishery for Redfish, Trout, Flounder, and a large assortment of other species. It’s not every day can you have the challenging experience of the Cast and Blast in Beaufort, SC. Light Tackle and Fly Fishing equipment will be provided. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. Owen Plair.
- The Ya Ya Sisterhood Weekend JUST FOR THE CCA LADIES! Ya Ya’s Unite! How about an Edisto Weekend getaway for 10 of your closest friends?! Included is a three-day/two night stay at a luxurious island beach house. Trip must be used between September 2014 and May 2015. Donated by Phil Sutton and CCA South Carolina.
- Osprey Dinner Cruise for 48 What better way to entertain than on Charleston’s famous harbor! You and 47 of your friends, clients, guests’ will enjoy a three hour excursion aboard The Osprey. Along with the wonderful Charleston view, enjoy a seasonal dinner of an oyster roast or a Beaufort stew as you enjoy an experience that will not only win you praise from your guests but an experience that will not soon be forgotten. Donated by Osprey Boat Charters and CCA South Carolina.
- Texas Blast & Cast Grab your shotgun and fishing rod and come on down to Texas. We are going duck hunting and fishing in the Laguna Madre, winter home of the largest concentration of redhead ducks in the world, plus lots of pintails, widgeons and other species. After the morning hunt, it’s off to the flats to chase some speckled trout and redfish. This and more adventures await the two lucky folks who take this trip. The Laguna Madre is one of only 5 or 6 hyper saline lagoons in the world. The last 3 state record speckled trout were caught in Baffin Bay. A great place to hunt, fish, and bird watch or just relax. Guys, women and couples are welcome. The accommodations are rustic cabins located on islands 30 minutes (or more) by boat to the nearest road. Gourmet meals are included and the trip is 3 days of duck hunting & fishing with 2 night’s stay, transportation to and from the airport, included. The trip is hosted by local CCA members.
- Sailfish End Table The perfect conversation piece for any room! This aluminum & glass Sailfish motif table will provide years of use while displaying an appreciation of our coastal heritage in a style that will be quite eye catching. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- 7 Night Isle of Palms Vacation Breathtaking! And that sensation isn’t just the first time you see this 7 mile long, 1 mile wide barrier island! Island Realty of Isle of Palms has donated a 7 night stay at a 4 bedroom Isle of Palms vacation rental. With its proximity to Charleston and the surrounding area, this island has so much in water sports and dining that you’ll never have a dull moment. Must be booked between September 15, 2014-March 22, 2015. May not be booked more than 21 days in advance. Island realty will choose the property for your vacation stay while keeping your needs in mind. Subject to availability. Not applicable during Major Holidays and Cooper River Bridge Run time periods. Donated by Island Realty.
- Argentina Dove Hunt High Volume dove shooting at its finest in Cordoba, Argentina! Four (4) hunters will enjoy three full days of wing shooting surrounded by arguably the largest concentrated numbers of doves in the world. Included in this package are Five Star accommodations in a private Estancia, gourmet meals, open bar, bird boys, customs clearing, laundry service, and in country ground transportation. Trip must be used by November 2014. Items not included in trip are tips for bird boys and house staff, shotgun shells, license, gun permits, and airfare. Donated by Sporting Adventures International and CCA South Carolina.
- Villas Adventures Belize Vacation for Six days/ 6 nights for 4 couples Villas Adventures is a true Central American Gem! Located in the beautiful country of Belize, these villas are among the finest the country has to offer; all located on the Caribbean Sea with four bedrooms and four baths, they do not disappoint. A short step out the front porch will take you right into the ocean and breath-taking snorkeling and diving as well as numerous other water sports. Charters available to enjoy the world class fishing with opportunities for permit, bonefish, snapper, grouper, and a host of other species year round. There are ancient Mayan ruins, rain forest zip lines, and majestic beach scenery to explore and take in while on your stay. Other activities available but not included are transfer to and from airport, daily maid service, daily or weekly chef and server, as well as grocery shopping prior to your arrival! This trip is for four couples or a large family looking to have a unique adventure. Trip is available between August 1, 2014 and August 1, 2015. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Sporting Adventures International and CCA South Carolina. This trip does have a reserve.
- Offshore with the “Salty Dog” This locally owned and operated 54 foot Craig Blackwell express will leave you wanting more! Six (6) anglers will enjoy a day off the Charleston coast in pursuit of all the blue water species that South Carolina has to offer. Leaving out of Toler’s Cove, Tuna, dolphin, wahoo, and maybe just maybe something of the billfish variety will be the pursuit of the day. This trip must be taken within one year of the date of the banquet and must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Steve Lunceford.
- CCA Abel Super 7/8 Reel & North Fork Rod Combo Here is your chance to own a truly custom, truly unique piece of hardware designed just for CCA SC! Only 24 of these are available in the world! Stalking the palmetto state flats for Redfish is the favorite pastime of many may fly fishers, and this is what Abel Reels had in mind when the Super 7-8N was designed. A narrow-width spool all but eliminates the need to guide the line onto the reel, while its large arbor allows for an incredible retrieve rate – perfect for recovering line after a blistering run and gives you the stopping power necessary to slow down the hottest of gamefish. Matched to a custom designed North Fork fly rod from Washington state and a protective tube for transportation, this flats outfit is ready to fish the grass for bass whenever you are! Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Everglades Fishing Adventure Find yourself lost in old Florida on this trip! This adventure in a unique part of America is a must see. Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the Boathouse Motel on Marco Island. The Boat House Motel has been family owned and operated since 1994. A quaint little place tucked away in Olde Florida. Your trip also includes 1 full day of inshore fishing for 2 anglers with a professional guide. Try your luck with Redfish, Speckled Sea Trout, and the infamous Snook… AKA Linesider! Does not include transportation or gratuity. Trip must be booked on mutually agreeable dates. Donated by CCA Florida.
- Marlin & Sailfish Slam This brass over marble sculpture has been a favorite of CCA members for nearly a decade! This piece will be wonderful centerpiece in your office, home, or camp. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Quail Hunting Homeplace Madison Howell knows quail! And he has the one of the most pristine places in the lowcountry to pursue them! Two hunters will join this true lowcountry gentleman on what will turn out to be one of the most enjoyable days a man can imagine chasing these fabled birds of a feather. Located in Ruffin, SC you will be hunting in fields designed with crops of the farms of old as well as the picturesque flat pines woods of Colleton County. Quail hunting as it was intended – Southern Style! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date before March 31, 2014. Donated by Madison Howell and CCA South Carolina.
- Custom Quad Deer Stand Another first for the East Cooper Chapter… this customized quad deer stand from our friends at Cross Hair Metal Works will be a sporty addition to your hunt club and will give you the advantage over your next trophy. Donated by Cross Hair Metal Works.
- Custom Miner Metal Hitch Cover Charleston native and metal artisan Daniel Miner has a product that will dress up any automobile with a trailer hitch on it! This custom redfish hitch cover is a work of art made from reclaimed metal and carefully crafted under his watchful eye. Donated by Miner Metal.
- GPS Recreational Property Map If you own property, this one is a must have!! Milliken Forest Company, Inc. will produce a GPS property map that will include all ponds, food plots, deer stands and other unique features of interest on your land. Property boundaries will also be displayed, and the entire image can be overlaid on a 2011 & 2009 aerial true color photo or 2006 infra red photographic map. This is a one of a kind, unique informative map that will benefit any land owner. Finished product will include two (2) 22” X 34” maps and a CD Rom for your personal use. Property location must be in SC, NC, or GA. Good for one year from the date of the banquet. Donated by Milliken Forestry Company, Inc. and Bill Milliken.
- Full Day of Brush Cutting Its habitat season! And every property owner in the state needs some work done. Palmetto Brush Control has donated a full day of service to help you get your property in top notch order and looking great. Donated by Palmetto Brush Control.
- The Handy Man Can! Who doesn’t have at least one day’s worth of projects that need completing around the house! CCA SC state board member and Citadel Enterprises owner Pete Loy will bring a professional fixer upper to your door step for 8 hours of getting those pesky projects knocked out! Must be in Charleston County; materials are extra. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Pete Loy.
- 2014 CCA SC Knife Package This South Carolina native’s reputation in the knife making world precedes him! Aiken native Larry Page is one of only a select few knife makers that worked with the legendary George Herron to learn his craft. His time spent with that legend is evident in his craftsmanship and 100% commitment to the highest quality product money can buy. As such, Larry has been named CCA SC Knife Maker of the Year for 2014. This knife package includes a matching pair of his ever popular oyster knife and a filet knife. Donated by Larry Page and CCA SC.
- CCA South Carolina License Plate Here is your chance to display your passion for recreational saltwater fishing all year long! CCA SC is offering you a chance to be one of the first 100 people in the state to have these brand new license plates that will benefit CCA SC’s advocacy and habitat programs. Step up and enjoy being one of the Committee of 100! Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- The Local Boy Outfitters/ K2 Mystery Cooler Real Value. Real Cold. This 50 qt roto-molded cooler is becoming the hottest cooler on the market! Stuffed with goodies, you have to buy it to find out what’s in it! Donated by Local Boy Outfitters of Lexington and K2 coolers!