Sea Island Chapter 2012 Banquet Live Auction Preview
Sea Island Chapter Live Auction Preview
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Founder’s Hall @ Charles Towne Landing
- The Lowcountry Sporting Gentry Package Grady Ervin & Co. has put together a sporting apparel package that every well seasoned sportsman needs! Look great in the town or the country! Donated by Grady Ervin & Co.
- Natural Cowhide Rug Add character to your décor with this authentic piece of cowhide! These actual cowhide rugs from Brazil, Columbia, and Argentina make for a fantastic floor covering. As no two are alike, each piece comes with suede backing making them suitable for both indoors or out. The durability and wear-ability will make you want more! Donated by Natural Cowhide and CCA South Carolina.
- Charleston Inshore…First Class! Get ready for some speckled trout excitement! Capt. Jeff Yates of TyJo Knot Charters makes this trip happen. Two anglers will join Capt. Jeff for ½ day of chasing speckled trout and redfish in and around Charleston’s famed fishing grounds. As a trout specialist, all you need to bring is your appetite for catching fish! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt Jeff Yates.
- Jimmy Crabs A 16.5 inch tall, Brass on Marble sculpture of a Low-Country favorite. Get your jimmy crabs here folks! Donated By CCA South Carolina.
- Bohicket BBQ & Oyster Company Oysters For Twenty Five Jonathan Kronsberg of the Bohicket BBQ & Oyster Company is willing and able to make this all inclusive entertainment extravaganza happen for you! Simply invite 25 of your closest friends and Jonathan will do the rest. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Jonathan Kronsberg.
- Williams Knife Company This South Carolina native is making a big splash in the knife making world! Chris Williams insists that all of the knives that leave his shop live up to two conditions– form and function. For this commitment to excellence, Chris has been named CCA SC Knife Maker of the Year for 2012. Because of his enjoyment of the palmetto state’s marine environment, he has made available two of his finest models as a matching pair; the ever popular Edisto oyster knife and a Wando filet knife package. Donated by Chris Williams and CCA SC.
- Beaufort Blast & Cast Two (2) people enjoy a beautiful day on the low country waters of Beaufort, SC with Orvis Endorsed Guide Capt. Owen Plair shooting Marsh Hen and catching redfish in the same outing. The cast and blast charter is a fun filled adventure that can challenge even the most experienced shooter and angler. Poling through the vast open saltwater marshes flushing out marsh hen, shooting small gauge shot guns, with a limit of 15 per person. Then focusing on our great fishery for Redfish, Trout, Flounder, and a large assortment of other species. Not every day can you have the challenging experience of the Cast and Blast in Beaufort, SC. Light Tackle and Fly Fishing equipment will be provided. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. Owen Plair.
- Hand Carved Tupelo Serving Board “Made by God, crafted by Man” Hemingway, South Carolina artisan Quinton Hughes embellishes each one of the one of a kind tupelo wood boards with this same message. Great for BBQ, chickens, Beaufort Stews, or whatever it will hold. This hand crafted piece is sure to be a conversation piece as well as a functioning piece of art.
- Old South Quail Hunting at George Hi Plantation Take an adventure back to a time when Quail hunting was becoming the Southern tradition. Located in rural North Carolina, the George Hi hunt includes one full day’s hunting for two with the privilege of bagging 12 quail per gun per hunt, (guides and dogs included) and an overnight stay in our lodge with 3 meals. Arrive in the afternoon for some skeet shooting with Allen Brother’s steaks with all the trimmings for dinner. The next morning we will start with the big southern breakfast; Bacon, sausage, eggs, grits, toast, biscuits. Then the guides will load up the dogs and take you out for a 3 hour morning quail hunt. Lunch will be homemade vegetable soup with grilled sandwiches topped off with a homemade desert then back out for the afternoon quail hunt. The birds will be cleaned and packaged for you to take home. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by George Hi Plantation.
- Garden City Beach for a week at “How Sweet It Is” Eight people will enjoy a full week on the front row in the middle of the beach scene at Garden City. No having to pack and unpack your beach carts here as this beach front dwelling comes equipped with four bedrooms and two baths. Enjoy wonderful SC sun rises over the ocean each morning and romantic strolls in the evening with the sand beneath your toes. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date between September 2012- March 2013. Donated by Pee Dee CCA Committee member Tavis Graham.
- Grand Slam Sailfish & Marlin At nearly 26 inches tall, this brass over marble piece is sure to steal the show in whatever room you put it in. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Offshore with the “Salty Dog” This locally owned and operated 54 foot Craig Blackwell express will leave you wanting more! Six (6) anglers will enjoy a day off the Charleston coast in pursuit of all the blue water species that South Carolina has to offer. Leaving out of Toler’s Cove, Tuna, dolphin, wahoo, and maybe just maybe something of the billfish variety will be the pursuit of the day. This trip must be taken within one year of the date of the banquet and must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Steve Lunceford.
- The Ya Ya Sisterhood Weekend: Just for the CCA Ladies! Ya Ya’s Unite! How about an Edisto weekend getaway for 10 of your closest friends? Included is a three-day/ two-night stay at a luxurious Island beach house. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date between September 2012 and May 2013. Donated by Phil Sutton and CCA South Carolina.
- Charleston Blast & Cast w/ the Chairman Enjoy all of the Lowcountry’s outdoors! Two lucky hunters/ anglers will join Sea Island Chapter Chairman Gene Walpole and Thomas Hutto for a full day of action packed sporting adventure. Begin with a morning duck hunt at Sunnyside Farms on Johns Island shooting the menu of waterfowl found on the coast of South Carolina. Once your limit is reached, break for lunch and shift gears and get set to catch redfish, trout, and flounder from the Stono and North Edisto rivers. Trip must be taken during the 2012/2013 duck season on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Gene Walpole and Thomas Hutto.
- Stay & Play at Wild Dunes Hello Memories! Wild Dunes Resort on Isle of Palms is a world renowned vacation destination and its right here in the best destination in the world! Ranked #3 by Travel & Leisure Magazine for Best Hotels for families, this island getaway has everything to offer! Located on the South Carolina’s envies coast, this package is for four and comes complete with one night’s accommodations in a two bedroom condo. While there, two people will enjoy a free round of golf at the world famous Harbor Course to try your luck. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Wild Dunes.
- Sea Turtle Table The perfect conversation piece for any room! This aluminum & glass sea turtle motif table will provide years of use while displaying an appreciation of our coastal heritage in a style that will be quite eye catching. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Quail Hunting Homeplace Madison Howell knows quail! And he has the one of the most pristine places in the lowcountry to pursue them! Two hunters will join this true lowcountry gentleman on what will turn out to be one of the most enjoyable days a man can imagine chasing these fabled birds of a feather. Located in Ruffin, SC you will be hunting in fields designed with crops of the farms of old as well as the picturesque flat pines woods of Colleton County. Quail hunting as it was intended – Southern Style! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date before March 31, 2013. Donated by Madison Howell.
- Just Looking World renowned artist and marine conservationist Guy Harvey depicts one of the ocean’s top trophies in this signed and numbered rendition. Donated by Guy Harvey.
- Got Shrimp? Frogmore Stew for 20! Another effortless entertaining opportunity brought to you by the CCA Cooking Team! We provide all the ingredients that go into making that wonderful lowcountry delicacy for twenty of your closest friends…including the beer. Brought to you by the soon to be famous CCA Cooking Team. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date.
- Museum Sailfish At nearly 26 inches long, this brass over marble piece is sure to steal the show in whatever room you put it in. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Reel Shallow Fishing Trip Two anglers will enjoy a ½ day pursuing tailing redfish and speckled trout in the waters surrounding Charleston. Capt. Justin Hubbard of Reel Shallow Charters will be your host on this angling adventure. Fuel, bait, and tackle is provided; tips are not! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable day. Donated by Justin Hubbard.
- Sea Island CCA Mystery Cooler You have to buy it to find out what’s inside. Donated by the CCA Sea Island Chapter.