Sea Island Chapter
Live Auction Preview
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Founder’s Hall @ Charles Towne Landing
- Chase Allen Flounder South Carolina Artist Chase Allen is a believer in CCA SC! Chase is the owner of The Iron Fish located on Daufuskie Island, where amidst a shower of birdsong and fiery sparks, he forges colorful metal sculptures that are as unique and colorful as his historic island home. A featured artist in Charleston Magazine, Southern Living, and Coastal Living his work is highly sought after. Take home this large flounder measuring approx 29” x 17” and enjoy a piece of art that is sure to please.
- The Lowcountry Sporting Gentry Package Grady Ervin & Co. has put together a sporting apparel package that every well seasoned sportsman needs! Look great in the town or the country! Donated by Grady Ervin & Co.
- Charleston Inshore…First Class! Get ready for some speckled trout excitement! Capt. Jeff Yates of TyJo Knot Charters makes this trip happen. Two anglers will join Capt. Jeff for ½ day of chasing speckled trout and redfish in and around Charleston’s famed fishing grounds. As a trout specialist, all you need to bring is your appetite for catching fish! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt Jeff Yates.
- CCA South Carolina License Plate Here is your chance to display your passion for recreational saltwater fishing all year long! CCA SC is offering you a chance to be one of the first 100 people in the state to have these brand new license plates that will benefit CCA SC’s advocacy and habitat programs. Step up and enjoy being one of the Committee of 100! Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- CCA Fire pit Get ready to warm up in style! This 30” x 30” x 16” pit comes fully assembled and ready for your immediate use! Manufactured from cold rolled steel for years of durability, the natural rust patina finish will age over time. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Bohicket BBQ & Oyster Company Oysters For 20 Jonathan Kronsberg of the Bohicket BBQ & Oyster Company is willing and able to make this all inclusive entertainment extravaganza happen for you! Simply invite 20 of your closest friends and Jonathan will do the rest. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Jonathan Kronsberg.
- Tails This brass redfish sculpture has been a favorite of CCA members for nearly a decade! This piece will be wonderful centerpiece in your office, home, or camp. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Beaufort Blast & Cast Two (2) people enjoy a beautiful day on the low country waters of Beaufort, SC with Orvis Endorsed Guide Capt. Owen Plair shooting Marsh Hen and catching redfish in the same outing. The cast and blast charter is a fun filled adventure that can challenge even the most experienced shooter and angler. Poling through the vast open saltwater marshes flushing out marsh hen, shooting small gauge shot guns, with a limit of 15 per person. Then focusing on our great fishery for Redfish, Trout, Flounder, and a large assortment of other species. Not every day can you have the challenging experience of the Cast and Blast in Beaufort, SC. Light Tackle and Fly Fishing equipment will be provided. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. Owen Plair.
- Hand Carved Tupelo Serving Board “Made by God, crafted by Man” Hemingway, South Carolina artisan Quinton Hughes embellishes each one of the one of a kind tupelo wood boards with this same message. Great for BBQ, chickens, Beaufort Stews, or whatever it will hold. This hand crafted piece is sure to be a conversation piece as well as a functioning piece of art.
- The Ya Ya Sisterhood Weekend: Just for the CCA Ladies! Ya Ya’s Unite! How about an Edisto weekend getaway for 10 of your closest friends? Included is a three-day/ two-night stay at a luxurious Island beach house. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date between September 2013 and May 2014. Donated by Phil Sutton and CCA South Carolina.
- Carolina Fresh Farms Nucanoe 12’ Frontier Fishing Kayak The Nucanoe is the most versatile, stable and customizable kayak on the market today; it is designed with the outdoorsman in mind. This kayak is designed to be “worked” out of rather than a casual cruise though the creeks. Its stability offers the operator the unique option of being able to stand up within the boat, without the fear of capsizing, essential for those who love to sight fish or shoot from a standing position. Tonight’s boat is outfitted with many of the fishing accessories available, but additional hunting and fishing accessories can be purchased to fit the user’s needs. Donated by Carolina Fresh Farms & Nucanoe.
- Texas Blast & Cast Grab your shotgun and fishing rod and come on down to Texas. We are going duck hunting and fishing in the Laguna Madre, winter home of the largest concentration of redhead ducks in the world, plus lots of pintails, widgeons and other species. After the morning hunt, it’s off to the flats to chase some speckled trout and redfish. This and more adventures await the two lucky folks who take this trip. The Laguna Madre is one of only 5 or 6 hyper saline lagoons in the world. The last 3 state record speckled trout were caught in Baffin Bay. A great place to hunt, fish, bird watch or just relax. The accommodations are rustic cabins located on islands roughly 30 minutes by boat to the nearest road. Gourmet meals are included and the trip is 3 days of duck hunting & fishing with 2 nights stay, transportation to and from the airport, included. The trip is hosted by CCA National Board Member Troy Williamson.
- Pura Vida Abaco Bahamas Getaway for Four Four lucky anglers will enjoy a 4-day, 3-night getaway to the beautiful Pura Vida Waterfront Cottages located on Lubbers Quarters Cay, Abaco, Bahamas. Your trip includes 2-half days of offshore fishing aboard the “Freespool”, a custom 36’ Jarrett Bay Express. You will be fishing for tuna, dolphin, wahoo, white and blue marlin, and sailfish. The Pura Vida Cottage is fully furnished, and sits on a small secluded out island. Private Tiki Bar, large dock with great dock fishing, and snorkeling. Kayaks, hammocks, and beautiful gardens. Included is the use of a 17’ Boston Whaler Montauk (for a nominal fee) to explore nearby deserted islands and gorgeous beaches. Trip also includes boat transportation to and from Marsh Harbour. Trip does not include airfare. Trip must be booked on mutually agreeable dates within one year of purchase and is valid all year, excluding August and September. Donated by CCA South Carolina. This item has a reserve.
- Stay & Play at Wild Dunes Hello Memories! Wild Dunes Resort on Isle of Palms is a world renowned vacation destination and its right here in the best destination in the world! Ranked #3 by Travel & Leisure Magazine for Best Hotels for families, this island getaway has everything to offer! Located on the South Carolina coast, this package is for four people and comes complete with one night’s accommodations in a two bedroom condo. It also comes with four rounds of golf at both the world famous Harbor Course as well as The Links Course. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Wild Dunes Resort.
- Sailfish End Table The perfect conversation piece for any room! This aluminum & glass Sailfish motif table will provide years of use while displaying an appreciation of our coastal heritage in a style that will be quite eye catching. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Charleston Blast & Cast w/ the Chairman Enjoy all of the Lowcountry’s outdoors! Two lucky hunters/anglers will join Sea Island Chapter Chairman Gene Walpole and Thomas Hutto for a full day of action packed sporting adventure. Begin with a morning duck hunt at Sunnyside Farms on Johns Island shooting the menu of waterfowl found on the coast of South Carolina. Once your limit is reached, break for lunch and shift gears and get set to catch redfish, trout, and flounder from the Stono and North Edisto rivers. Trip must be taken during the 2012/2013 duck season on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Sunnyside Farms & Keystone Concrete.
- Quail Hunting Homeplace Madison Howell knows quail! And he has the one of the most pristine places in the lowcountry to pursue them! Two hunters will join this true lowcountry gentleman on what will turn out to be one of the most enjoyable days a man can imagine chasing these fabled birds of a feather. Located in Ruffin, SC you will be hunting in fields designed with crops of the farms of old as well as the picturesque flat pines woods of Colleton County. Quail hunting as it was intended – Southern Style! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date before March 31, 2014. Donated by Madison Howell.
- Custom Quad Deer Stand Another first for the Sea Island… this customized quad deer stand from our friends at Cross Hair Metal Works will be a sporty addition to your hunt club and will give you the advantage over your next trophy. Donated by Cross Hair Metal Works.
- Wayne Hendrix Knives This South Carolina native’s reputation in the knife making world precedes him! Allendale native Wayne Hendrix is one of only a select few knife makers that apprenticed under the legendary George Herron to learn his craft. His time spent with that legend is evident in his craftsmanship and 100% commitment to the highest quality product money can buy. As such, Wayne has been named CCA SC Knife Maker of the Year for 2013. This knife package includes a matching pair of his ever popular oyster knife and a skinning knife. Donated by Wayne Hendrix and CCA SC.
- Sailfish Chasing Ballyhoo This 28” brass over marble rendition of one of the ocean’s top prizes is a show stopper! Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Got Shrimp? Frogmore Stew for 20! Another effortless entertaining opportunity brought to you by the CCA Cooking Team! We provide all the ingredients that go into making that wonderful lowcountry delicacy for twenty of your closest friends…including the beer. Brought to you by the soon to be famous CCA Cooking Team. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date.
- Reel Shallow Fishing Trip Two anglers will enjoy a ½ day pursuing tailing redfish and speckled trout in the waters surrounding Charleston. Capt. Justin Hubbard of Reel Shallow Charters will be your host on this angling adventure. Fuel, bait, and tackle is provided; tips are not! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable day. Donated by Justin Hubbard.
- Shoot More, Shoot More Often In your pursuit of improving your wingshooting skills, practice makes perfect. Having a knowledgeable eye watching your every move helps! Level 2 shooting instructor Ed Cox will provide one hour of shooting lessons for two shooters at Partridge Creek Shooting Preserve. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Ed Cox.
- The Local Boy Outfitters/ K2 Mystery Cooler Real Value. Real Cold. This 55 qrt roto-molded cooler is becoming the hottest cooler on the market! Stuffed with goodies, you have to buy it to find out what’s in it! Donated by Local Boy Outfitters of Lexington and K2 coolers!