Upstate Chapter – Live Auction Preview
Live Auction Preview
Thursday, May 2, 2013, 6:00 p.m.
- Chase Allen Flounder South Carolina Artist Chase Allen is a believer in CCA SC! Chase is the owner of The Iron Fish located on Daufuskie Island, where amidst a shower of birdsong and fiery sparks, he forges colorful metal sculptures that are as unique and colorful as his historic island home. A featured artist in Charleston Magazine, Southern Living, and Coastal Living his work is highly sought. Take home this large flounder measuring approx 29” x 17” and enjoy a piece of art that is sure to please
- Sheepshead Fishing with Capt. Jay Baisch Two anglers are headed to the seafood capital of South Carolina for some hot sheepshead fishing. Murrells Inlet, SC is the destination for this trip and convicts are on the menu. Capt. Jay Baisch of Fishfull Thinking Guide Service will be your host for a great day of nearshore fishing. Fuel, bait, and tackle are provided; tips and meals are not! Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. Jay Baisch.
- Got Shrimp Another effortless entertaining opportunity brought to you by the CCA Upstate Chapter Cooking Team; A Beaufort Stew for twenty! We provide all the ingredients that go into making that wonderful lowcountry delicacy for twenty of your closest friends…including the beer. Brought to you by the soon to be famous CCA Upstate Chapter Cooking Team. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date.
- Able Minded Charters Charleston is the destination and inshore redfishing is the game. Capt. Mike Able Jr. of Mt. Pleasant will host two anglers for a day of pursuing tailing redfish in and around the waters of Charleston. Fuel, bait, and tackle are provided, tips are not! Donated by Capt. Mike Able Jr.
- Wayne Hendrix Knives This South Carolina native’s reputation in the knife making world precedes him! Allendale native Wayne Hendrix is one of only a select few knife makers that apprenticed under the legendary George Herron to learn his craft. His time spent with that legend is evident in his craftsmanship and 100% commitment to the highest quality product money can buy. As such, Wayne has been named CCA SC Knife Maker of the Year for 2013. This knife package includes a matching pair of his ever popular oyster knife and a skinning knife. Donated by Wayne Hendrix and CCA SC.
- Tails This brass redfish sculpture has been a favorite of CCA members for nearly a decade! This piece will be wonderful centerpiece in your office, home, or camp. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- Beaufort Blast & Cast Two (2) people enjoy a beautiful day on the low country waters of Beaufort, SC with Orvis Endorsed Guide Capt. Owen Plair shooting Marsh Hen and catching redfish in the same outing. The cast and blast charter is a fun filled adventure that can challenge even the most experienced shooter and angler. Poling through the vast open saltwater marshes flushing out marsh hen, shooting small gauge shot guns, with a limit of 15 per person. Then focusing on our great fishery for Redfish, Trout, Flounder, and a large assortment of other species. Not every day can you have the challenging experience of the Cast and Blast in Beaufort, SC. Light Tackle and Fly Fishing equipment will be provided. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. Owen Plair.
- The Ya Ya Sisterhood Weekend … Just for the CCA Ladies! Ya Ya’s Unite! How about an Edisto weekend getaway for 10 of your closest friends? Included is a three day/ two night stay at a luxurious Island beach house. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date between September 2013 and May 2014. Donated by Phil Sutton and CCA South Carolina.
- Hand Carved Tupelo Serving Board “Made by God, crafted by Man” Hemingway, South Carolina artisan Quinton Hughes embellishes each one of the one of a kind tupelo wood boards with this same message. Great for BBQ, chickens, Beaufort Stews, or whatever it will hold. This hand crafted piece is sure to be a conversation piece as well as a functioning piece of art.
- Pura Vida Abaco Bahamas Getaway for Four Four lucky anglers will enjoy a 4-day, 3-night getaway to the beautiful Pura Vida Waterfront Cottages located on Lubbers Quarters Cay, Abaco, Bahamas. Your trip includes 2-half days of offshore fishing aboard the “Freespool”, a custom 36’ Jarret bay express fisherman. You will be fishing for tuna, dolphin, wahoo, white and blue marlin, and sailfish. The Pura Vida Cottage is fully furnished, and sits on a small secluded out island. Private Tiki Bar, large dock with great dock fishing, and snorkeling. Kayaks, hammocks, and beautiful gardens. Included is the use of a 17’ Boston Whaler Montauk (for a nominal fee) to explore nearby deserted islands and gorgeous beaches. Trip also includes boat transportation to and from Marsh Harbour. Trip does not include airfare. Trip must be booked on mutually agreeable dates within one year of purchase and is valid all year, excluding August and September. Donated by CCA South Carolina. This item has a reserve.
- Port Royal Sound Tarpon Two anglers will join Capt Danny Rourk of Tailwind Charters for a day of chasing South Carolina’s inshore big game fish, the mighty tarpon. Located in one of the country’s top fishing destination towns, Beaufort, Capt. Danny has a tremendous track record when it comes to the silver king. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Capt. Danny Rourk.
- Genteel Quail Hunting There is no finer way to spend a day in the southern woods than quail hunting! CCA SC state board member Kyle Godley will host two (2) well – seasoned hunters for a day of Quail hunting in the only manner it was intended – Southern Style! Join Kyle at Dennis Farms/Hilliard Plantation located in Rembert, SC for your chance to enjoy a true southern tradition. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date after deer season. Donated by Kyle Godley and James Dennis.
- Custom Quad Deer Stand Another first for the Waccamaw Chapter… this customized quad deer stand from our friends at Cross Hair Metal Works will be a sporty addition to your hunt club and will give you the advantage over your next trophy. Donated by Cross Hair Metal Works.
- Marlin & Sailfish Slam This brass over marble sculpture has been a favorite of CCA members for nearly a decade! This piece will be wonderful centerpiece in your office, home, or camp. Donated by CCA South Carolina.
- GPS Recreational Property Map If you own property, this one is a must have!! Milliken Forest Company, Inc. will produce a GPS property map that will include all ponds, food plots, deer stands and other unique features of interest on your land. Property boundaries will also be displayed, and the entire image can be overlaid on a 2011 & 2009 aerial true color photo or 2006 infra red photographic map. This is a one of a kind, unique informative map that will benefit any land owner. Finished product will include two (2) 22” X 34” maps and a CD Rom for your personal use. Property location must be in SC, NC, or GA. Good for one year from the date of the banquet. Donated by Milliken Forestry Company, Inc. and Bill Milliken.
- Upstate Turkey Hunt One full day guided turkey hunt for two (one longbeard each, date TBD) at the Creekplace farms in southern Laurens County, SC. The property, which consists of three hundred acres that have been intensively managed for turkeys for the last twenty years, consistently holds very large flocks of turkeys. In addition, Warrior Creek bisects the property with swamps on each side providing major roosting areas on the property that hold turkeys year round. This feature is the perfect complement to dozens of acres of food, hundreds of acres of well-managed 20-30 year old pines, several large stands of mature hardwoods, and power lines that cross the property which are favorable for strutting toms. Must be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Rusty Hamrick and Hunter Garrett.
- Winyah Bay Traditions Guide Mike McDonald hosts two (2) anglers on a full day expedition into Georgetown’s tradition rich Winyah Bay. Fuel, bait & tackle provided. Schedule on a mutually agreeable date. Donated by Gul-R-Boy Guide Service.
- Natural Cowhide Rug Add character to your décor with this authentic piece of cowhide! These actual cowhide rugs from Brazil, Columbia, and Argentina make for a fantastic floor covering. As no two are alike, each piece comes with suede backing making them suitable for both indoors or out. The durability and wear-ability will make you want more! Donated by Natural Cowhide and CCA South Carolina.
- Hermitage Farms Sporting Clays for Four Four lucky shooters will be hosted by CCA SC Executive Director Scott Whitaker for an afternoon Sporting Clays extravaganza at Hermitage Farms Shooting Preserve outside of Camden, SC. Shoot will include 100 clay targets each with shells included as well as dinner afterwards. Trip must be scheduled on any Wednesday afternoon only by December 31,2013. Donated by Scott Whitaker.
- The Local Boy Outfitters/ K2 Mystery Cooler Real Value. Real Cold. This 55 qrt roto-molded cooler is becoming the hottest cooler on the market! Stuffed with goodies, you have to buy it to find out what’s in it! Donated by Local Boy Outfitters of Lexington and K2 coolers!